where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Checkmor 200 GEL
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

STARMANS elctronics, s. r.o.
STARMANS is the Central European leading producer of industrial measuring, detecting and combined equipments for non-destructive testing

14:15 Oct-12-2009
Alex
Checkmor 200 GEL

Hello everybody

I used to buy the checkmor 200 liquid penetrant for inspecting welds. I read something about a gel penetrant called "Checkmor 200 GEL" but unfortunately I couldnt find any information about it on the internet.

Does anybody know something? Advantages/Disadvantages? How to remove? Which developer?

Thanks for every help!

Alex

15:33 Oct-16-2009
Jean-Claude Schwartz
Re: Checkmor 200 GEL In Reply to Alex at 14:15 Oct-12-2009 (Opening).

Hello Alex,

In response to your questions, we have used, in the past, Checkmor 200 Gel. It's a thixotropic red dye penetrant which is water or solvent removable. The advantage being that it doesn't run like the usual penetrants, and is very good for overhead work. Was manufactured by Castrol, now belongs to Chemetall. This product is still available today.

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|