where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Air-coupled systems
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

Canadian Institute for NDE
We are specialized in training for Radiography, Ultrasonics, Magnetic Particle, Liquid Penetrant, Eddy Current and emerging NDT technologies.

08:40 Oct-22-2009
Mark Johnson
Air-coupled systems

Dear colleague

in your opinion what is the best (most performing/most flexible) ultrasonic air-coupled system to test very heterogeneous composite matrials (polymeric matrix glass fiber reinforced)??

16:45 Oct-22-2009
Simon Amallraja
Re: Air-coupled systems In Reply to Mark Johnson at 08:40 Oct-22-2009 (Opening).

You can check with Ultran Group, USA. www.ultrangroup.com. we have supplied one system to our customer in India and they do test different types of composites with desired results for thier needs

Simon

17:12 Oct-22-2009

Joe Buckley

Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT,
United Kingdom,
Joined Oct 1999
Re: Air-coupled systems In Reply to Mark Johnson at 08:40 Oct-22-2009 (Opening).

Obviously I would recommend the QMI equipment (see papers on this site by myself and others)

we have supplied many systems for a variety of applications, But we would need a lot more information to give detailed advise - generally the scanning systems are more of an issue than the instrumentation. If you contact me directly i would be happy to advise on your application in more detail,
best regards
Joe

04:46 Oct-23-2009

Jan Strycek

Director
Airstar Inc.,
USA,
Joined Mar 2002

We at Airstar have been in the Ultrasonic air-coupled field for decades. We have worked on countless applications over the years, and always enjoy the challenge of testing difficult non-homogeneous materials. It would be our pleasure to help you with any ultrasonic inquiries that you might have. For more information on our company please refer to www.airstar1.com

Regards,
Jan

10:07 Oct-23-2009

Nishal

Consultant, -
University of Strathclyde,
United Kingdom,
Joined Feb 2008

We design & manufacture both electrostatic & piezoelectric based non-contact ultrasonic sensors. Check www.cue.ac.uk for further details.

Regards,
Nishal

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|