where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
Steven Morse
Steven Morse
16:18 Nov-09-2009
manufactured calibration blocks

I am looking for asme calibration blocks, flat and piping, CS. fig T-434.2.1 (.75, 1.5, 3) and piping fig T-434.3. are there pefered manufactures? or ones to avoid?

Roger Duwe
NDT Inspector, API-510, 570, 653
MISTRAS, USA, Joined Jan 2009, 148

Roger Duwe

NDT Inspector, API-510, 570, 653
MISTRAS,
USA,
Joined Jan 2009
15:09 Nov-11-2009
Re: manufactured calibration blocks
In Reply to Steven Morse at 16:18 Nov-09-2009 (Opening).

My professional preference is PH Tool, reachable at phtool.com. I have scrapped 2 IIW Type 1 blocks in the past 5 years. They were made by minor shops, and were so inaccurate they skewed my calibrations. All PH Tool blocks I have used are very accurate and well made.

My personal preference is the same -- Phil Herman is a good man to do business with.

Product Spotlight

AIS229 - Multipurpose Real Time System

Latest standard & automatic real time system developed by Balteau. The AIS229 has been designed to
do series inspection in a wide variety of industry. Composed of a shielded cabinet, 5 axis manipulator, x-ray generator and tubehead from 160kV to 225kV, a fl at panel & much more, the AIS229 is most certainly one of the most multipurpose RTR system available on the market.
>

NEW Wheel Type Phased Array Probe

DOPPLER NEW Wheel Type Phased Array Probe, more stable, new tyre makes lesser acoustic attenuation
, much lighter makes easier to handle, more slim size, magnetic and mechanical encoder optional etc...more
>

NDTkit RT

NDTkit RT, TESTIA's Digital Radiography software The NDTkit product line software for X-ray analysi
s. NDTkit RT is a software benefiting from the Ultis kernel which is dedicated to radiographic image analysis. It offers a set of tools and filtering processes to assist RT operators in finding relevant flaws.
>

Panther

M2M PANTHER is a phased-array equipment designed for both desktop and industrial applications, offer
ing unparalleled performance in a compact unit. It combines the speed required for industrial integrated Phased-Array Ultrasound (PAUT) solutions, with the most complete set of total focusing method (TFM) imaging techniques, making it the ultimate tool for R&D and procedure qualification.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window