where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Massimo Carminati
Massimo Carminati
06:50 Jul-26-2001
AE training books and texts

Hello everybody,

I'm looking for good training books on AE.

Thanks

Adrian Pollock
Adrian Pollock
05:05 Jul-26-2001
Re: AE training books and texts
: Hello everybody,
: I'm looking for good training books on AE.
: Thanks
Volume 5 of the NDT Handbook published by the American Society for Nondestructive Testing (ASNT) is devoted to AE. Their e-mail is www.asnt.org. Consider also coming to one of our training courses at Physical Acoustics Corporation in Princeton New Jersey, many people come here from all over the world - see our web site www.pacndt.com.

Best wishes
Dr. Adrian A. Pollock
Director of Training

Richard D. Finlayson
Director, Operations
Princeton Instruments, USA, Joined Jun 2000, 8

Richard D. Finlayson

Director, Operations
Princeton Instruments,
USA,
Joined Jun 2000
05:14 Jul-26-2001
: Hello everybody,
: I'm looking for good training books on AE.
: Thanks
Dear Mr. Carminati,
I would like to offer our company and personnel to help you in your quest to get good training books and info on AE. As the Director for the Research, Engineering Applications, Certification and Training in Acoustic Emission for a world known AE company, I have a wealth of information that I can give you. In addition, I run a full training division offering courses in every aspect of AE theory, practical, and also specific courses with emphasis on users applications.
Please contact me directly and we can discuss your needs further, be they simple direction for locating training books, or actual needs for hands on training.

Richard
RFinlayson@pacndt.com

John O'Brien
Consultant, -
Chevron ETC , USA, Joined Jan 2000, 278

John O'Brien

Consultant, -
Chevron ETC ,
USA,
Joined Jan 2000
05:33 Jul-26-2001
Its unfortunate you just missed Europes leading instroduction to AE short course which was held in the UK last week.

More short courses will be available in the coming year. In addition if there is specific AE application information that you are looking for let me know and we may have something for you.

Allen Green
Allen Green
07:48 Aug-03-2001
You probably want to get a copy of "Acoustic Emission Training Guide, How to Ensure an Accurate and Valid Acoustic Emission Test". ISBN 1-890545-00-7
James D. Leaird, ASNT Level III, AE.
Greensland Publishing Company
POBox 254531
Sacramento, CA 95865-4531

Product Spotlight

X-ray CT aids research into defect formation in AM parts

X-ray CT is used to research how additive manufacturing process parameters influence defect format
ion in AM parts.
>

Swift & Scorpion2 - a state-of-the-art remote-control ultrasonic crawler

The Swift and Scorpion2 dry-coupled, remote-access ultrasonic crawler bring major efficiency and d
ata improvements to tank shell inspections and other structures such as vessels and offshore installations.
>

FMC/TFM

Next generation for Phased Array UT is here now with FMC/TFM! Have higher resolution imaging, impr
oved signal to noise ratio, characterize, size and analyze defects better with access to several wave mode views and save raw FMC data for higher quality analysis.  Some of the benefits are:
  • Beautiful Image! Easier to understand what you're looking at
  • Completely focused in entire image or volume
  • Much easier to define setups before inspection
  • Easier to decipher geometry echoes from real defects
  • Oriented defects (e.g. cracks) are imaged better
  • See image from different wave modes from one FMC inspection
  • FMC data can be reprocessed/analyzed without going back to the field
>

NovaScope 6000

The all-digital Novascope 6000 is a portable, ultra-high precision thickness gauge for high-speed
thickness measurement. Novascope 6000 has unmatched capabilities and unique features including: •Superior Resolution with high contrast, high-speed color RF display •High pulser voltage •Real-time video output •Increased internal/external data storage •Programmable SetUp features •Battery & AC Powered
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window