where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions
Career Discussions >
Job opportunity for beginners!
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

16:02 Dec-12-2009
Douglas Souza
Job opportunity for beginners!

Hi all
I'm from Brazil but currently Live in UK. I want to pursue a career in NDT as it is a growing fast business in Brazil and there are not enough qualified people there in this field, however I have no experience at all. I will obviously start from the very beginning. What concerns me is that after taking the course and exams I need to gain some months of experience to get my certificate. Anyone there can tell me how difficult it is to find a job in UK as I will be new in this area? And anyone there can advise me or direct me so that I will know what to do after the course and exams have finished?

I appreciate your attention and look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
DouglasSouza.

15:58 Dec-13-2009

Phil

NDT Inspector, Radiation Safety
BINDT, MIAQP,
United Kingdom,
Joined Mar 2009
Re: Job opportunity for beginners! In Reply to Douglas Souza at 16:02 Dec-12-2009 (Opening).

Hi Douglas,

You could try NDT Services as they advertise they are looking for trainees, this is on of there advertisements, so you could give them a call, or email for more info.

Corporate Information - Vacancies

* Board Room
* Vacancies
* News
* Links
* Video Showreel
* NDT Vacancies
* NDT Vacancies
* NDT Vacancies

Employment

At NDT Services Ltd we are constantly looking for high calibre staff (with or without current ndt related qualifications) for work in our ndt or metallurgy laboratories, or to fulfill on site inspection roles at our client sites in the UK and Europe.

We are also looking for trainees to introduce to ndt inspection and to have on the job training within our laboratory facilities.

NDT Services Ltd has the following current vacancies.

PCN Level 2 Technicians are required for both short and medium term contracts in Holland during 2009. Qualifications needed are UT or RT with MT or PT, plus VCA safety certificate.

Please forward your current cv to Andy Nelson on andy.nelson@ndtservices.co.uk or phone him on 0044 1509 680096.

NDT Technicians with PCN level I or II approvals in Dye Penetrant, Magnetic Particle and Radiographic or Ultrasonic testing, needed to fulfil long term contracts with major clients in Europe. Salaried and contract positions available.

NDT Technicians with recognised experience to level I or II standard in Dye Penetrant, Magnetic Particle and Radiographic or Ultrasonic testing, to work either within our East Midlands laboratory facilities, or at UK sites, on either a long term, or daily jobbing basis. Salaried and contract positions available.

Trainee NDT technicians, to work and train within our East Midlands laboratories. Past NDT experience is not essential, but knowledge of a metal forming industry would be an advantage. We are looking mainly for individuals who are bright, enthusiastic and reliable and who are looking for a challenging career in non destructive testing.

Please forward CV's stating which job opportunity you are interested in, to;

Phil Morris, Operations Director
NDT Services Ltd
5 Side Ley
Kegworth
Derbys. DE74 2FJ
Or at; phil.morris@ndtservices.co.uk

Hope it helps you.

Regards,

Phil

16:26 Dec-13-2009
Douglas Souza
Re: Job opportunity for beginners! In Reply to Phil at 15:58 Dec-13-2009 .

Hi Phil

I want to thank you for your response and time. It really helped me and I will get in touch as soon as I have passed my exams.

Regards,

Douglas Souza

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|