where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

WesDyne International (AMDATA Products)
WesDyne is an engineering and technical services firm dedicated to providing standard and custom nondestructive examinations (NDE) products and systems

Career Discussions
howard trevor
howard trevor
17:50 Dec-12-2009
ionising radiations medical

i am looking to return to ndt (radiography) in the uk after a couple of years away .where can i get a ionising radiations medical ,can my GP do it .?

Phil
NDT Inspector, Radiation Safety
BINDT, MIAQP, United Kingdom, Joined Mar 2009, 151

Phil

BINDT, MIAQP,
United Kingdom,
Joined Mar 2009
18:54 Dec-12-2009
Re: ionising radiations medical
In Reply to howard trevor at 17:50 Dec-12-2009 (Opening).

Hi,
No your GP can not carry out your Medical unless he is a AD, when you come home contact HSE and they will tell the nearest place you can book your Medical appointment, I will add a second answer when I find the telephone number for you to call.

Regards,

Phil

howard trevor
howard trevor
19:40 Dec-12-2009
In Reply to Phil at 18:54 Dec-12-2009 .

hi phil ,thanx for that ,i will try and find a number for the hse ,unless u or somene has the correct one ,,thanx again ,much appreciated

howard trevor
howard trevor
20:34 Dec-12-2009
In Reply to howard trevor at 19:40 Dec-12-2009 .

found this on the net ..... HSE Contact HSE Ask an expert Ask an expert
Need help with a particular issue, contact one of our experts by...

Telephone:

0845 345 0055
Fax:

0845 408 9566
Minicom:

0845 408 9577
E-mail:

hse.infoline@connaught.plc.uk
Open 8 am - 6 pm Monday to Friday

Phil
BINDT, MIAQP, United Kingdom, Joined Mar 2009, 151

Phil

BINDT, MIAQP,
United Kingdom,
Joined Mar 2009
00:03 Dec-13-2009
In Reply to howard trevor at 20:34 Dec-12-2009 .

Hi,

Sorry about the delay, found this number for HSE Leeds 0113 283 4200, they do Northern Area, Medicals and can tell which Doctors can carry out the Medical, or should be able to give you a number for Southern Area.

Regards,

Phil

howard trevor
howard trevor
12:33 Dec-13-2009
In Reply to howard trevor at 17:50 Dec-12-2009 (Opening).

hi phil,thanx for the number ,northern area number good, as i am from hull ,much appreciated howard

Product Spotlight

Webinar: FMC & Advanced Focusing Techniques for Improved Ultrasonic Inspections

Phased array ultrasound is now a commonly accepted inspection technology. Now there is excitement ar
ound new techniques in Phased Array: Full Matrix Capture (FMC) & Total Focusing Method (TFM). Our webinar on December 5 & 6 will illustrate how these techniques, implemented on a TOPAZ64 instrument, can improve the results of existing inspections. Register today.
>

NOVO Armor 15 & NOVO Armor 22

The Armor Kit Contains the NOVO Armor, which provides additional mechanical protection to the NOVO 1
5WN & NOVO 22WN Detectors, the Armor Stand and a traveling soft cover. - Newest shock absorbent technology case - Water resistant design - Supports wired & wireless communication - Multiple positioning options - Tripod connection using the Built-in 1/4” threads - Simple Detector battery replacement
>

Alpha Pro Digital Radiography System

The Alpha Pro digital X-ray system is the ideal system for your NDT \r\nneeds, as it offers amazin
g 16 bit images which enable the highest \r\nlevel of detection and identification of hairline cracks. While weighing only 3kg (6.6lbs), this panel has the largest imaging area: 35 X 43 cm (14X17 in).
>

IntraPhase Athena Phased Array System

The Athena Phased Array system, manufactured by WesDyne NDE Products & Technology, consists of a pha
sed array acquisition system and PC running IntraSpect software. A PC is used to perform acquisition, analysis and storage of the data. System hardware is capable of operating up to four data sets with any combination of phased array or conventional UT probes. NOW AVAILABLE IN 64-64 CONFIGURATION.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window