where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Canadian Institute for NDE
We are specialized in training for Radiography, Ultrasonics, Magnetic Particle, Liquid Penetrant, Eddy Current and emerging NDT technologies.

Career Discussions
howard trevor
howard trevor
17:50 Dec-12-2009
ionising radiations medical

i am looking to return to ndt (radiography) in the uk after a couple of years away .where can i get a ionising radiations medical ,can my GP do it .?

Phil
NDT Inspector, Radiation Safety
BINDT, MIAQP, United Kingdom, Joined Mar 2009, 151

Phil

BINDT, MIAQP,
United Kingdom,
Joined Mar 2009
18:54 Dec-12-2009
Re: ionising radiations medical
In Reply to howard trevor at 17:50 Dec-12-2009 (Opening).

Hi,
No your GP can not carry out your Medical unless he is a AD, when you come home contact HSE and they will tell the nearest place you can book your Medical appointment, I will add a second answer when I find the telephone number for you to call.

Regards,

Phil

howard trevor
howard trevor
19:40 Dec-12-2009
In Reply to Phil at 18:54 Dec-12-2009 .

hi phil ,thanx for that ,i will try and find a number for the hse ,unless u or somene has the correct one ,,thanx again ,much appreciated

howard trevor
howard trevor
20:34 Dec-12-2009
In Reply to howard trevor at 19:40 Dec-12-2009 .

found this on the net ..... HSE Contact HSE Ask an expert Ask an expert
Need help with a particular issue, contact one of our experts by...

Telephone:

0845 345 0055
Fax:

0845 408 9566
Minicom:

0845 408 9577
E-mail:

hse.infoline@connaught.plc.uk
Open 8 am - 6 pm Monday to Friday

Phil
BINDT, MIAQP, United Kingdom, Joined Mar 2009, 151

Phil

BINDT, MIAQP,
United Kingdom,
Joined Mar 2009
00:03 Dec-13-2009
In Reply to howard trevor at 20:34 Dec-12-2009 .

Hi,

Sorry about the delay, found this number for HSE Leeds 0113 283 4200, they do Northern Area, Medicals and can tell which Doctors can carry out the Medical, or should be able to give you a number for Southern Area.

Regards,

Phil

howard trevor
howard trevor
12:33 Dec-13-2009
In Reply to howard trevor at 17:50 Dec-12-2009 (Opening).

hi phil,thanx for the number ,northern area number good, as i am from hull ,much appreciated howard

Product Spotlight

TOPAZ® 64: Fully Integrated Portable 64 Channel PAUT Instrument with FMC & TFM

Introducing TOPAZ64, the industry’s most intelligent fully integrated, portable 64-channel phased
array ultrasound (UT) instrument. TOPAZ64 combines code-compliant phased array UT with the industry’s most advanced full matrix capture (FMC) and total focusing method (TFM) capabilities. Featuring the highest acquisition frequency in its class, high resolution FMC and a 12” multi-touchscreen, users can easily visualize even the smallest flaws. TOPAZ64 can generate a bipolar pulse that provides more acoustic energy versus previous models for punching through thick components. The result is a portable tool that delivers increased inspection coverage, more accurate signals, and the ability to handle all UT inspections in one package. TOPAZ64 is ideal for challenging applications in transportation, oil and gas, manufacturing and power generation.
>

FlexoFORM™

The FlexoFORM™ solution integrates flexible phased array probe technology in a scanner to solv
e the challenges that come with inspecting pipe elbows. When combined with a water column, this solution can be used to collect easy-to-interpret data on elbows with diameters ranging from 4.5 in. OD up to flat and offers many benefits.
>

High-end Ultrasonic Flaw Detector with 32:128PR PAUT and 2-ch TOFD: SyncScan 2

SIUI’s newly launched SyncScan 2, is a high-end ultrasonic flaw detector with 32:128PR PAUT and
2-ch TOFD, which can maximize your efficiency for PA and TOFD. ● Support PA/TOFD/UT ● 32-ch PA is more suitable for inspection on extra-thick wall and high-attenuation material. ● 32-ch PA and 2-ch TOFD work simultaneously. ● Support PR mode for corrosion inspection.
>

High-performance Linear Phased Array Probes

Available to order from stock in a range of 5MHz – 7.5MHz and from 16 to 64 elements. Designed w
ith piezo-composite elements, Phoenix phased array probes provide high-resolution imaging to maximise sensitivity; accurate ultrasonic detection and sizing of defects in welds; and effective corrosion mapping. Housed in a rugged stainless steel case for on-site industrial NDT applications.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window