where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Mammon Technologies LLP
1-Stop Shop for all your NDT Needs. Radiography, GPR, Thermography and acoustic devices. We sell worldwide. We train worldwide. We support worldwide.

Technical Discussions
David Bunch
David Bunch
01:37 Dec-18-2009
What version of the ASME Basic Block is used on the API QUTE test?

What version of the ASME Basic Block is used on the API QUTE test? Also, what type of calibration block is recommended for linearity?

J. Mark Davis
Teacher, And Consultant
University of Ultrasonics, Birmingham, Alabama, USA, Joined Mar 2000, 85

J. Mark Davis

Teacher, And Consultant
University of Ultrasonics, Birmingham, Alabama,
USA,
Joined Mar 2000
13:39 Dec-18-2009
Re: What version of the ASME Basic Block is used on the API QUTE test?
In Reply to David Bunch at 01:37 Dec-18-2009 (Opening).

David,

A pipe or plate calibration block is provided by API with 10% ID and OD notches for each test sample.

This is outlined in the API Test Protocol

J. Mark Davis
Davis NDE, Inc.
University of Ultrasonics

Phil Herman
Sales, - Manufacture of NDT Reference Standards/Test Blocks
PH Tool Reference Standards, USA, Joined Oct 1999, 79

Phil Herman

PH Tool Reference Standards,
USA,
Joined Oct 1999
17:24 Dec-18-2009
In Reply to David Bunch at 01:37 Dec-18-2009 (Opening).

David,
Mark has already answered your question on an API block suggestion. You also asked about a block to evaluate linearity. Check out the Horizontal and Vertical Linearity block from ASTM E317-06a, Fig. 1. Good luck.
Phil

David Bunch
David Bunch
21:16 Dec-18-2009
In Reply to J. Mark Davis at 13:39 Dec-18-2009 .

Thanks Mr. Davis. Yes, I have downloaded and printed out the test protocol, along with the API-UT1 and UT2 procedures. However, I didn't recall seeing any information on the basic block except that one would be provided for me. I am surprised to see that the notches are 10%. I simply need similar calibration blocks on which to practice. The majority of my UT work has been AWS.

Phil, do you know where I can find the ASTM horizontal and vertical linearity block?

Phil Herman
PH Tool Reference Standards, USA, Joined Oct 1999, 79

Phil Herman

PH Tool Reference Standards,
USA,
Joined Oct 1999
05:15 Dec-19-2009
In Reply to David Bunch at 21:16 Dec-18-2009 .

David,
You can find the horizontal and vertical linearity block on the PH Tool Reference Standards online store. I will send you a link.
Phil

Product Spotlight

MUSE Mobile Ultrasonic Equipment

The MUSE, a portable ultrasonic imaging system, was developed for in-field inspections of light-weig
ht structures. The MUSE consists of a motor-driven manipulator, a water circulation system for the acoustic coupling and a portable ultrasonic flaw detector (USPC 3010). The MUSE provides images of internal defects (A-, B-,C- and D-scan).
>

NEOS III

NEOS III is Logos Imagings lightest DR system. With a built in \r\nbattery and internal wireless c
ommunication, the NEOS III is perfect \r\nfor users that want to quickly assess an item.
>

XRHRobotStar

In high volume industries like automotive the requirement for a hundred percent X-ray inspection c
reates a bottleneck in the production. The XRHRobotStar is a fully Automated Defect Recognition (ADR) capable robot-system that allows an ultra-fast in-line inspection.
>

Magnetic X-Ray Pipeline Crawler

Zhong Yi brand pipeline crawler is magnetic/micro-video controlled crawler with DC X ray unit inst
alled for checking welding of pipeline. Move steadily inside the pipeline 6''-60''diameter with speed of up to 18m/min, Max. moving diatance 5 kilometers and provide the efficient inspection of the pipeline.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window