where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Canadian Institute for NDE
We are specialized in training for Radiography, Ultrasonics, Magnetic Particle, Liquid Penetrant, Eddy Current and emerging NDT technologies.
Technical Discussions
David Harvey
Engineering
ATI - Wah Chang, USA, Joined Nov 2002, 42

David Harvey

Engineering
ATI - Wah Chang,
USA,
Joined Nov 2002
22:10 Dec-18-2009
AMS 2632 Crosstalk Isolation

AMS 2632 has a requirement for transmit and receive crosstalk separation to be at least 40db. I'm exposing my lack of smarts when I ask this: "What are they talking about?"

More importantly, how do I measure it?

S.V.Swamy
Engineering, - Material Testing Inspection & Quality Control
Retired from Nuclear Fuel Complex , India, Joined Feb 2001, 787

S.V.Swamy

Engineering, - Material Testing Inspection & Quality Control
Retired from Nuclear Fuel Complex ,
India,
Joined Feb 2001
06:59 Dec-19-2009
Re: AMS 2632 Crosstalk Isolation
In Reply to David Harvey at 22:10 Dec-18-2009 (Opening).

David,

I don't have access to that specific specification now, but cross talk is usually pertaining to the leak of signal between the transmitting and receiving crystals mounted side by side in a single housing (SE probes for example).

If the cross talk level was not specified, the S/N ratio of the received signal would be adversely affected.

Regards.

Swamy

Product Spotlight

micro CT

nanoVoxel series is a high power micro-CT system by using high voltage X-ray source (225kV, 240 kV
and 300 kV are optional) with micro focal spot and highly sensitive detector including different kinds of big size panel detectors and lens coupling CCD.
>

Research Center IDEKO develops an ultrasonic train wheel inspection system for CAF

The Basque Research centre IK4-IDEKO has developed a state-of-the-art ultrasonic inspection system f
or the train wheel. This system secures a sound condition of train wheels and is thus a significant contribution to rail transport safety. The device was delivered to CAF recently and its use allows the manufacturer to become an approved supplier of rolling stock in Italy, as it meets the demanding homologation standards of this country. \\\\r\\\\n
>

NDTkit RT

NDTkit RT, TESTIA's Digital Radiography software The NDTkit product line software for X-ray analysi
s. NDTkit RT is a software benefiting from the Ultis kernel which is dedicated to radiographic image analysis. It offers a set of tools and filtering processes to assist RT operators in finding relevant flaws.
>

FD800 Bench Top Flaw Detectors

The bench-top FD800 flaw detector range combines state-of-the-art flaw detection with advanced mater
ial thickness capabilities. Designed for use in the laboratory these gauges are the tool you need for all your flaw detecting needs.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window