where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Matec Instrument Companies, Inc.
Ultrasonic test instrumentation and systems for scientific research, quality control inspection and production testing applications.
Technical Discussions
Doug Mendes
Doug Mendes
05:00 Jul-30-2001
inappropriate messages

This message is in regards to the recent group of multiple e-mails I received from this forum that are linked to an adult website. One of the responsibilities of maintaining a forum is to ensure that this sort of material isn't distributed to members of this forum.
Nowadays this is the type of material that could cost someone thier job. I have stayed with this forum when most others have requested thier name be removed from your list. If this material cannot be filtered or screened out then i'll have no other choice but to do the same.

Joseph Pascente
Engineering
Lixi, Inc., USA, Joined Nov 1998, 39

Joseph Pascente

Engineering
Lixi, Inc.,
USA,
Joined Nov 1998
05:20 Jul-30-2001
Re: inappropriate messages
Dear Doug,

Very well stated. You are forced to read all incoming
Email to make sure this type of garbage is not on your
drive.

Dave Wilkes
Dave Wilkes
06:51 Jul-30-2001
Running a website ourselves we can appreciate the
problems of monitoring a forum 24 hours a day.

But forums are not the only source of such mailings,
most come direct to your mailbox.

The following site offers some very good information and tools to help deal with such mail. We use it all the time to stop our problem mail.

http://combat.uxn.com/tracing.html

We will never get rid of these people, but we can
make life difficult for them.

Dave Wilkes
Asst Editor
http://www.ndtcabin.com "The internet magazine for ndt technicians"

William Blum
Consultant, Training, Level III Services
NDT Consulting Group Inc., USA, Joined Nov 2000, 89

William Blum

Consultant, Training, Level III Services
NDT Consulting Group Inc.,
USA,
Joined Nov 2000
07:11 Jul-30-2001
Mr. Wilkes,

Thanks for the great tip on the website for spam. I probably get 30 a day and wondered how to make the complaint go to the correct place.

Bill Blum
www.brighttechnical.com

: Running a website ourselves we can appreciate the
: problems of monitoring a forum 24 hours a day.
: But forums are not the only source of such mailings,
: most come direct to your mailbox.
: The following site offers some very good information and tools to help deal with such mail. We use it all the time to stop our problem mail.
: http://combat.uxn.com/tracing.html
: We will never get rid of these people, but we can
: make life difficult for them.
: Dave Wilkes
: Asst Editor
: http://www.ndtcabin.com "The internet magazine for ndt technicians"

Rob Salvatore [Australia]
Rob Salvatore [Australia]
02:51 Aug-28-2001
Well, I came in search of info on robotic floor tank scanners and couldn't help notice this message.

Please note, the above IS NOT my email address. I think it is a fundamental flaw of this open forum that an email address must be entered in order to post a message because Spammers LOVE usenet and open forums like this one! They have spider programs that search the net looking for obvious email addresses in post headers or text and also in "mail to:" links on websites. These email addresses then end up on spam databases.

A lot of folk have now resorted to burying or coding their email address as I have below, which tends to confuse the hell out of the spider program and they just move on. You and I being intelligent enough [well I like to think I am :) ] to see the key bits of info will have no trouble re-assmbling the email address by replacing suggested components with appropriate symbols.

Thankyou for the brilliant link to the spam killer site. Very much appreciated.

Regards,

Rob Salvatore
robDOTsalvatoreHAT[remove"h"]qenosDOTTY[remove "ty"]com

Product Spotlight

AIS229 - Multipurpose Real Time System

Latest standard & automatic real time system developed by Balteau. The AIS229 has been designed to
do series inspection in a wide variety of industry. Composed of a shielded cabinet, 5 axis manipulator, x-ray generator and tubehead from 160kV to 225kV, a fl at panel & much more, the AIS229 is most certainly one of the most multipurpose RTR system available on the market.
>

NOVO Armor 15 & NOVO Armor 22

The Armor Kit Contains the NOVO Armor, which provides additional mechanical protection to the NOVO 1
5WN & NOVO 22WN Detectors, the Armor Stand and a traveling soft cover. - Newest shock absorbent technology case - Water resistant design - Supports wired & wireless communication - Multiple positioning options - Tripod connection using the Built-in 1/4” threads - Simple Detector battery replacement
>

TESTD-PT SYSTEM

Pulse thermography is a non-contact test method that is ideal for the characterization of thin fil
ms and coatings or the detection of defects. With a remarquable short test time and a high detection sensitivity, the Telops TESTD-PT is the perfect tool for non- destructive testing. With such high frame rates, it is even possible to investigate highly conductive or diffusive materials.
>

GUL QSR1® Scanning

How do you measure pipe wall thickness without direct access to the area? QSR® Scanning - Guide Wav
e Quantitative Short Range Scanning.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window