where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions
Career Discussions >
information about penetrant testing
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

00:48 Jan-09-2010
Rafid O. López
information about penetrant testing

Anyone has information about penetrant testing?? I need present the level III examination in PT.

Thanks.

Best regards.

02:02 Jan-09-2010

S.V.Swamy

Engineering, - Material Testing Inspection & Quality Control
Retired from Nuclear Fuel Complex ,
India,
Joined Feb 2001
Re: information about penetrant testing In Reply to Rafid O. López at 00:48 Jan-09-2010 (Opening).

You need to get the ASNT recommended study material or go through the various NDT handbooks and also refresh your basic physics of penetrant testing. If you are a level II, you already have about 70% of what you need. If you are planning to directly go for level III exam, you need graduate level preparation.

Best wishes.

12:21 Jan-09-2010

aldo

Engineering
Italy,
Joined Jan 2009
Re: information about penetrant testing In Reply to S.V.Swamy at 02:02 Jan-09-2010 .

Hi lopez...
The answer Mr.swamy is correct...Infact there is not more different between ii level and iii level...
From the point of view on basic theory there are not different (capillary force,wetty ability etc...)
There are some different on metallurgy matter and on procedure menagement of the personal NDT (example NAS, EN, etc). Infact the III level has the totally menagement of CND Aldo

16:26 Jan-11-2010
Rafid O. López
Re: information about penetrant testing In Reply to aldo at 12:21 Jan-09-2010 .

You are right. I pass the basic examination from ASNT, but I could not pass the pt examination.

I have some material about NDT from ASNT, but a lot information of the study guides, are not in the examination.

I was level II, now i´m an engineer NDT, in aerospace in Queretaro, Mexico.

Best regards.

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|