where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

AT-Automation Technology GmbH
AT -Automation Technology is a systems house for industrial image processing. AT offers thermographic ndt systems as well as high-speed 3D sensors.

Career Discussions
Rafid O. López
Rafid O. López
00:48 Jan-09-2010
information about penetrant testing

Anyone has information about penetrant testing?? I need present the level III examination in PT.

Thanks.

Best regards.

S.V.Swamy
Engineering, - Material Testing Inspection & Quality Control
Retired from Nuclear Fuel Complex , India, Joined Feb 2001, 785

S.V.Swamy

Engineering, - Material Testing Inspection & Quality Control
Retired from Nuclear Fuel Complex ,
India,
Joined Feb 2001
02:02 Jan-09-2010
Re: information about penetrant testing
In Reply to Rafid O. López at 00:48 Jan-09-2010 (Opening).

You need to get the ASNT recommended study material or go through the various NDT handbooks and also refresh your basic physics of penetrant testing. If you are a level II, you already have about 70% of what you need. If you are planning to directly go for level III exam, you need graduate level preparation.

Best wishes.

aldo
Engineering
Italy, Joined Jan 2009, 39

aldo

Engineering
Italy,
Joined Jan 2009
12:21 Jan-09-2010
In Reply to S.V.Swamy at 02:02 Jan-09-2010 .

Hi lopez...
The answer Mr.swamy is correct...Infact there is not more different between ii level and iii level...
From the point of view on basic theory there are not different (capillary force,wetty ability etc...)
There are some different on metallurgy matter and on procedure menagement of the personal NDT (example NAS, EN, etc). Infact the III level has the totally menagement of CND Aldo

Rafid O. López
Rafid O. López
16:26 Jan-11-2010
In Reply to aldo at 12:21 Jan-09-2010 .

You are right. I pass the basic examination from ASNT, but I could not pass the pt examination.

I have some material about NDT from ASNT, but a lot information of the study guides, are not in the examination.

I was level II, now i´m an engineer NDT, in aerospace in Queretaro, Mexico.

Best regards.

Product Spotlight

Wireless TOFD scanner

Quick, accurate and highly reproducible welds testing. The System operates wirelessly and is compat
ible with any type of Windows based Laptop, Desktop or Tablet.
>

IntraPhase Athena Phased Array System

The Athena Phased Array system, manufactured by WesDyne NDE Products & Technology, consists of a pha
sed array acquisition system and PC running IntraSpect software. A PC is used to perform acquisition, analysis and storage of the data. System hardware is capable of operating up to four data sets with any combination of phased array or conventional UT probes. NOW AVAILABLE IN 64-64 CONFIGURATION.
>

Ceram 35P (Panoramic)

The Ceram 35P is the panoramic brand new portable generators designed by Balteau NDT and is offeri
ng no less than 300kV, 5mA and 100% duty cycle for an incredible image contrast even at full power. It will will surely become a reference as it can be classified as a high power portable unit and can be operated with our CF2000 control unit but also with our well known Hand-X Wireless Remote Control.
>

Echomac® PA Rail Wheel Tester

MAC introduces two versions of Rail Wheel Testers using ECHOMAC® PA platform based on customer requ
irements.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window
s