where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

GB Inspection Systems Ltd.
A leading UK manufacturer of Ultrasonic Probes, Accessories, Supplier of NDT Equipment and more.
Technical Discussions
Dennis Dussin
Dennis Dussin
02:16 Aug-08-2001
Investments in NDT companies

I represent a private investment company who is looking for interesting industries to invest in. I am trying to determine how big the market for NDT is in the US. Ideally, I would like to know how many companies there are providing NDT, and what the total amount of revenue earned by all NDT companies is. I know this is a technical forum, but if anyone could point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

John O'Brien
Consultant, -
Chevron ETC , USA, Joined Jan 2000, 280

John O'Brien

Consultant, -
Chevron ETC ,
USA,
Joined Jan 2000
00:38 Aug-08-2001
Re: Investments in NDT companies
Contact the American Society Of NDT Ohio they have some publications on market studies although some of them are a little dated.

Also look up Frost & Sullivan who conducted a market study recently.

You will find these studies a guide indicator but be cautious they are all flawed and incomplete. They are based on the high profile, high volume NDT Companies. As such they fail to recognise that there is a huge diversity in NDT across a myriad of industries. Within Industry Specific Centres there are numerous niche NDT companies who have deceptively high volumes. There is also the issue that many of the studies are focussed on 'public domain' information. In the case of privately owned companies 'guesstimates' are used which from our own reserach we know can often be off the mark by Millions of US Dollars.
You may find it more useful to select certain specific market segments - do an in depth study and then extrapolate against the market size of each industry.

William Blum
Consultant, Training, Level III Services
NDT Consulting Group Inc., USA, Joined Nov 2000, 89

William Blum

Consultant, Training, Level III Services
NDT Consulting Group Inc.,
USA,
Joined Nov 2000
01:35 Aug-12-2001
Re: Investments in NDT companies
Here are a couple of interesting articles which will lead you to a report on the state of the NDT industry.

http://www.ndt.net/news/bcc_ndt.htm
http://www.bccresearch.com/editors/RDTU97.html

: I represent a private investment company who is looking for interesting industries to invest in. I am trying to determine how big the market for NDT is in the US. Ideally, I would like to know how many companies there are providing NDT, and what the total amount of revenue earned by all NDT companies is. I know this is a technical forum, but if anyone could point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Product Spotlight

Navic - Steerable Modular Automated Scanner

The Navic is a modular, motorized, steerable scanner designed to carry multiple attachments used
in various scanning and inspection applications. The Navic is capable of weld scanning (girth welds and long seam welds), automated corrosion mapping, and tank scanning.
>

Varex Imaging Large Field of View (FOV) Digital Detector Arrays (DDAs)

A larger FOV DDA can reduce the space and volume of the X-ray inspection system on the factory floor
, enable faster scanning times, better throughput and better resolution images at a lower dose. Customers can also save time and money. With these benefits in mind, Varex Imaging has designed a family of large FOV detectors (4343HE, XRD 1611, 4343DX-I, 4343CT) for our industrial imaging customers.
>

UCI Hardness Tester NOVOTEST T-U2

UCI hardness tester NOVOTEST T-U2 is is used for non-destructive hardness testing of: metals and
alloys by scales of hardness: Rockwell (HRC), Brinell (HB), Vickers (HV); non-ferrous metals, alloys of iron etc., and using five additional scales for calibration; with tensile strength (Rm) scale determines the tensile strength of carbon steel pearlitic products by automatic recalculation from Brinell (HB) hardness scale.
>

NovaScope 6000

The all-digital Novascope 6000 is a portable, ultra-high precision thickness gauge for high-speed
thickness measurement. Novascope 6000 has unmatched capabilities and unique features including: •Superior Resolution with high contrast, high-speed color RF display •High pulser voltage •Real-time video output •Increased internal/external data storage •Programmable SetUp features •Battery & AC Powered
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window