where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Investments in NDT companies
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

Sonatest Ltd
From our three distinct business centres in the UK, USA and CANADA, Sonatest design and produce a leading range of high performance ultrasonic NDT equipment and accessories.

02:16 Aug-08-2001
Dennis Dussin
Investments in NDT companies

I represent a private investment company who is looking for interesting industries to invest in. I am trying to determine how big the market for NDT is in the US. Ideally, I would like to know how many companies there are providing NDT, and what the total amount of revenue earned by all NDT companies is. I know this is a technical forum, but if anyone could point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

00:38 Aug-08-2001

John O'Brien

Consultant, -
Chevron ETC ,
USA,
Joined Jan 2000
Re: Investments in NDT companies Contact the American Society Of NDT Ohio they have some publications on market studies although some of them are a little dated.

Also look up Frost & Sullivan who conducted a market study recently.

You will find these studies a guide indicator but be cautious they are all flawed and incomplete. They are based on the high profile, high volume NDT Companies. As such they fail to recognise that there is a huge diversity in NDT across a myriad of industries. Within Industry Specific Centres there are numerous niche NDT companies who have deceptively high volumes. There is also the issue that many of the studies are focussed on 'public domain' information. In the case of privately owned companies 'guesstimates' are used which from our own reserach we know can often be off the mark by Millions of US Dollars.
You may find it more useful to select certain specific market segments - do an in depth study and then extrapolate against the market size of each industry.

01:35 Aug-12-2001

William Blum

Consultant, Training, Level III Services
NDT Consulting Group Inc.,
USA,
Joined Nov 2000
Re: Investments in NDT companies Here are a couple of interesting articles which will lead you to a report on the state of the NDT industry.

http://www.ndt.net/news/bcc_ndt.htm
http://www.bccresearch.com/editors/RDTU97.html

: I represent a private investment company who is looking for interesting industries to invest in. I am trying to determine how big the market for NDT is in the US. Ideally, I would like to know how many companies there are providing NDT, and what the total amount of revenue earned by all NDT companies is. I know this is a technical forum, but if anyone could point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|