where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Dennis Dussin
Dennis Dussin
02:16 Aug-08-2001
Investments in NDT companies

I represent a private investment company who is looking for interesting industries to invest in. I am trying to determine how big the market for NDT is in the US. Ideally, I would like to know how many companies there are providing NDT, and what the total amount of revenue earned by all NDT companies is. I know this is a technical forum, but if anyone could point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

John O'Brien
Consultant, -
Chevron ETC , USA, Joined Jan 2000, 278

John O'Brien

Consultant, -
Chevron ETC ,
USA,
Joined Jan 2000
00:38 Aug-08-2001
Re: Investments in NDT companies
Contact the American Society Of NDT Ohio they have some publications on market studies although some of them are a little dated.

Also look up Frost & Sullivan who conducted a market study recently.

You will find these studies a guide indicator but be cautious they are all flawed and incomplete. They are based on the high profile, high volume NDT Companies. As such they fail to recognise that there is a huge diversity in NDT across a myriad of industries. Within Industry Specific Centres there are numerous niche NDT companies who have deceptively high volumes. There is also the issue that many of the studies are focussed on 'public domain' information. In the case of privately owned companies 'guesstimates' are used which from our own reserach we know can often be off the mark by Millions of US Dollars.
You may find it more useful to select certain specific market segments - do an in depth study and then extrapolate against the market size of each industry.

William Blum
Consultant, Training, Level III Services
NDT Consulting Group Inc., USA, Joined Nov 2000, 89

William Blum

Consultant, Training, Level III Services
NDT Consulting Group Inc.,
USA,
Joined Nov 2000
01:35 Aug-12-2001
Re: Investments in NDT companies
Here are a couple of interesting articles which will lead you to a report on the state of the NDT industry.

http://www.ndt.net/news/bcc_ndt.htm
http://www.bccresearch.com/editors/RDTU97.html

: I represent a private investment company who is looking for interesting industries to invest in. I am trying to determine how big the market for NDT is in the US. Ideally, I would like to know how many companies there are providing NDT, and what the total amount of revenue earned by all NDT companies is. I know this is a technical forum, but if anyone could point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Product Spotlight

NOVO Armor 15 & NOVO Armor 22

The Armor Kit Contains the NOVO Armor, which provides additional mechanical protection to the NOVO 1
5WN & NOVO 22WN Detectors, the Armor Stand and a traveling soft cover. - Newest shock absorbent technology case - Water resistant design - Supports wired & wireless communication - Multiple positioning options - Tripod connection using the Built-in 1/4” threads - Simple Detector battery replacement
>

TOPAZ® 64: Fully Integrated Portable 64 Channel PAUT Instrument with FMC & TFM

Introducing TOPAZ64, the industry’s most intelligent fully integrated, portable 64-channel phased
array ultrasound (UT) instrument. TOPAZ64 combines code-compliant phased array UT with the industry’s most advanced full matrix capture (FMC) and total focusing method (TFM) capabilities. Featuring the highest acquisition frequency in its class, high resolution FMC and a 12” multi-touchscreen, users can easily visualize even the smallest flaws. TOPAZ64 can generate a bipolar pulse that provides more acoustic energy versus previous models for punching through thick components. The result is a portable tool that delivers increased inspection coverage, more accurate signals, and the ability to handle all UT inspections in one package. TOPAZ64 is ideal for challenging applications in transportation, oil and gas, manufacturing and power generation.
>

Compact NDT inspection-heads for measurements with active thermography

The compact inspection head is suitable for thermographic ndt tasks. The uncooled infrared camera
is specially developed for NDI-tasks and offers a thermal sensitivity until now known only from thermal imagers with cooled detector. All required components and functions are integrated into the inspection-head. You will only need an ethernet cable to connect the sensor with the evaluation system.
>

Ultrasonic Testing Immersion Tanks with Unmatched Scanning Features

TecScan’s non-destructive testing Ultrasonic Immersion Tanks & scanners are designed for high pe
rformance and demanding NDT testing applications. Our Scan3D™ line of High Precision Immersion Tanks are specifically designed for automated ultrasonic testing of complex composites parts used in aerospace and industrial applications.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window