where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Computed Rad Image plate/film classification
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

09:21 Jan-12-2010

Charlie Jackson

Consultant, - Trainer/Inspector
Northern NDT Ltd,
United Kingdom,
Joined Sep 2006
Computed Rad Image plate/film classification

I would like to ask if anyone is aware of any work completed or in progress to classify the various image plates/films from the differing manufacturers.

Kind Regards Charlie Jackson

10:01 Jan-12-2010
Christoph Schnitger
Re: Computed Rad Image plate/film classification In Reply to Charlie Jackson at 09:21 Jan-12-2010 (Opening).

Hello Charlie,

yes of course, our authority for material testing ( BAM ) is responsible for research / development and classification. Please visit their webside ( www.bam.de ) and looking for
Uwe Zscherpel ( PHD.) ! I pretty know that he will be able to help you, and of course he can give you an overview what is available on the market.

BAM = Bundesanstalt für Materialprüfung !

Thanks Chris

01:53 Jan-13-2010
tj
Re: Computed Rad Image plate/film classification In Reply to Charlie Jackson at 09:21 Jan-12-2010 (Opening).

Good Question.

A composition of plate types and equivalent exposure would be much appreciated. Like having R factor for film. However things tend to get get complicated with reusable media!

TJ

17:00 Jan-13-2010

Dent McIntyre

Consultant, NDE Manager NDELevel III/3
NDT Consultant,
Canada,
Joined Nov 1998

I did some work a few years back to compare the 3 main suppliers. Did not find a big difference with exposures. HR plates were marginally better with sensitivity.

Some plates had a thicker base which made them more difficult to bend.

I have not been in the CR business for about 4 years now so I am sure my data is no longer valid with today's improved plates

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|