where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Canadian Institute for NDE
We are specialized in training for Radiography, Ultrasonics, Magnetic Particle, Liquid Penetrant, Eddy Current and emerging NDT technologies.

Technical Discussions
Ruly
Ruly
13:16 Jan-12-2010
Find cracks beneath the bushing at MLG Axle B737

Dears

Please help me! I have a problem to find an initial cracks beneath the bushing(CRES material) & the material to be inspected is Steel. How is the technik to inspect that material if bushing still installed?
Could you find the Pitting Corrosion use that technik?

please for human safety!

Michel Couture
NDT Inspector,
consultant, Canada, Joined Sep 2006, 834

Michel Couture

NDT Inspector,
consultant,
Canada,
Joined Sep 2006
16:03 Jan-12-2010
Re: Find cracks beneath the bushing at MLG Axle B737
In Reply to Ruly at 13:16 Jan-12-2010 (Opening).

Ruly,

I believe you most reliable source of information would be Boeing.

From my past experience (B737 especially), Boeing will always issue the technique, give you the probe number and manufacturer as well as the test pieces to do your job. This inspection most likely originated from and AD (Airworthiness Directive) issued by the FAA or from a Service Bulletin issued from Boeing. You should have access to all this information. If you are doing the work on behalf of someone else, your customer should have all this information available.

Product Spotlight

Combination of Digital Image Correlation and Thermographic Measurements

The combination of measuring results from the digital image correlation (ARAMIS, DIC) and temperat
ure measuring data from infrared cameras permits the simultaneous analysis of the thermal and mechanical behavior of test specimens in the materials and components testing field.
>

NEW Wheel Type Phased Array Probe

DOPPLER NEW Wheel Type Phased Array Probe, more stable, new tyre makes lesser acoustic attenuation
, much lighter makes easier to handle, more slim size, magnetic and mechanical encoder optional etc...more
>

NDT.net launches mobile-friendly design

NDT.net has revamped its website providing a mobile-friendly design.The front page received a comp
letely new design and all other sections are now reacting responsively on mobile devices. This has been a major step to make our website more user- friendly.
>

Ultrasonic Squirter/Gantry System

TecScan’s NDT Ultrasonic Gantry Systems are industrial Squirter scanners designed for non-destru
ctive quality testing and raster scanning of large structures and parts. The Gantry Systems are usually composed of an Industrial Mechanical Scanner and a Control Room with System Workstation.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window