where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions
Career Discussions >
Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

NT - Nove technologie s.r.o.
Ultrasonic gel for NDT application. Various types of ultrasonic agents. Starsonic SS2, SS3

17:06 Jan-21-2010
adex609609
Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)

Hi,

thank you for reading my post.

i really need help urgently. i have problem with MSDS chemical for Penetrant Testing and Magnetic Particle Testing. If there any company that made or provide or supply the chemical brand Elly,Met L Check, or Magnaflux. Or anybody who has experience, please share with me regarding to these matter ;

1) if the chemical is expired and has not been use yet, is it possible to use it and is there any danger likes chemical reaction or anything if we use the expired one?

2) i try to check the update one of MSDS from my supplier in Malaysia, but we have problem with the detail update, can someone help me on, how to ensure the latest release of MSDS and if you are so kind, can you share the MSDS with me, currently we are using brand Magnaflux, Elly , Met L Check and Adrox.

thank you for your kind heart.

20:16 Jan-21-2010

Ovidiu Iuga

NDT Inspector, thermography
ISCIR,
Romania,
Joined Dec 2005
Re: Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) In Reply to adex609609 at 17:06 Jan-21-2010 (Opening).

Don't t panic!

Most of, if not all of the manufacturers and suppliers have the MSDS on their web sites.
Regarding the use of expired dye pen, it's not recommended, but depends of application. Use a sensivity block to check if still meets the required sensitivity.

Regards and good luck

02:19 Jan-22-2010
adex
Re: Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) In Reply to Ovidiu Iuga at 20:16 Jan-21-2010 .

thank you for our reply,

i have problem here that we have 2 MSDS from 1 brand,but we dont know which one is the update one.

10:53 Jan-22-2010

Ovidiu Iuga

NDT Inspector, thermography
ISCIR,
Romania,
Joined Dec 2005
Re: Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) In Reply to adex at 02:19 Jan-22-2010 .

All MSDS should have the ID code and rev. and shoul specify what rev. superdees. Check at the end of document.

Regards

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|