where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Toni Smith
Toni Smith
04:10 Feb-11-2010
Prove-up inspection on coated pipe.

A welded SAW pipe with OD/ID coated pipe what would be my distance and v path 1st, 2nd, & 3rd leg in mm? I'm thinking the OD coating is about 18 mm and ID is like paint brush thin.
Epoch unit - 1/2 inch prob 3.5 Mhz. transducer - set up only on a 1/16'' drill hole on.

Ryan Burns
Ryan Burns
08:03 Feb-11-2010
Re: Prove-up inspection on coated pipe.
In Reply to Toni Smith at 04:10 Feb-11-2010 (Opening).

I would hope there are errors in your initial post. First off, I highly doubt you have almost 3/4" of external coating to contend with. Secondly, code compliant shear wave through any discernible volume of coating (or paint) is not an acceptable inspection technique in my experience. Finally....maybe we'd need refracted angle and nominal WT to complete skip distance equations?? If you are the technician why can't you do the math?

Toni Smith
Toni Smith
09:24 Feb-11-2010
Re: Prove-up inspection on coated pipe.
In Reply to Ryan Burns at 08:03 Feb-11-2010 .

What ever I'll do the math. I needed the info because I have been busy doing other things that are important too, thought that u could helped out real quick.

Product Spotlight

SONOAIR - air-coupled Phased Array Ultrasonic Inspection System

For highly attenuating materials, the performance of the system is critical. The ultrasonic sensors,
the scanning area and the system settings should be flexibly adapted to the test task and the material. These high expectations are met with the new and modular testing system SONOAIR. With the world’s first air-coupled phased-array UT inspection system SONOAIR we developed a technology that works with up to 4 transmitter and receiver channels with freely configurable square wave burst transmitters as wells as low noise receiving amplifiers.
>

IRIS 9000Plus - Introducing the next generation of heat exchanger inspection.

Representing the seventh generation of the IRIS system, the IRIS 9000 Plus has nearly 200 years of c
ombined field inspection experience incorporated in its design. This experience combined with a strong commitment to quality and a history of innovation has made Iris Inspection Services® the undisputed leader in IRIS technology.
>

Varex Imaging Large Field of View (FOV) Digital Detector Arrays (DDAs)

A larger FOV DDA can reduce the space and volume of the X-ray inspection system on the factory floor
, enable faster scanning times, better throughput and better resolution images at a lower dose. Customers can also save time and money. With these benefits in mind, Varex Imaging has designed a family of large FOV detectors (4343HE, XRD 1611, 4343DX-I, 4343CT) for our industrial imaging customers.
>

Wireless TOFD scanner

Quick, accurate and highly reproducible welds testing. The System operates wirelessly and is compat
ible with any type of Windows based Laptop, Desktop or Tablet.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window