04:10 Feb-11-2010 Prove-up inspection on coated pipe.
A welded SAW pipe with OD/ID coated pipe what would be my distance and v path 1st, 2nd, & 3rd leg in mm? I'm thinking the OD coating is about 18 mm and ID is like paint brush thin.
Epoch unit - 1/2 inch prob 3.5 Mhz. transducer - set up only on a 1/16'' drill hole on.
08:03 Feb-11-2010 Re: Prove-up inspection on coated pipe.In Reply to Toni Smith at 04:10 Feb-11-2010 (Opening).
I would hope there are errors in your initial post. First off, I highly doubt you have almost 3/4" of external coating to contend with. Secondly, code compliant shear wave through any discernible volume of coating (or paint) is not an acceptable inspection technique in my experience. Finally....maybe we'd need refracted angle and nominal WT to complete skip distance equations?? If you are the technician why can't you do the math?
The NEW Next Generation Advanced UT platform, TD Focus ScanRX - Also available as a card stack solut
1. Data acquisition is significantly faster than current design
2. Better aesthetic – closely aligns with HandyScan RX
3. Improved IP rating (Target IP66)
4. Ruggedized housing
5. Connectors are protected from impact and ingress
6. Integrated stand and separate retractable handle
easy to keep clean)
7. Touchscreen with ruggedized display glass
8. 3-Axis encoder input