where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Surface roughness
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

Teletest
Teletest Focus+ was the first system to use long-range guided wave ultrasonic testing to detect corrosion in pipelines.

00:15 Aug-18-2001
Patrick
Surface roughness

Dear collegues,

I am trying to do surface roughness characterization with eddy current probe. Can you advise me about one method that can do this.

Thanking you in advance

Patrick

02:11 Aug-22-2001

Richard D. Finlayson

Director, Operations
Princeton Instruments,
USA,
Joined Jun 2000
Re: Surface roughness : Dear collegues,
: I am trying to do surface roughness characterization with eddy current probe. Can you advise me about one method that can do this.
: Thanking you in advance
: Patrick

Patrick,
We have developed a system using stress waves that can differentiate between different roughness levels. If you can contact me I can discuss the system further.
Richard

01:54 Aug-24-2001

Dr. Patel

R & D, Consultant to Universities/Industries
Fallon Ultrasonics/McMaster University,
Canada,
Joined May 2001
Re: Surface roughness : Dear collegues,
: I am trying to do surface roughness characterization with eddy current probe. Can you advise me about one method that can do this.
: Thanking you in advance
: Patrick

We have developed and used ultrasonic system to measure surface roughness on plates and parts during turning. The system also can measure parts thicknesses in micron accuracy and also measures surface integrity and stresses. If you are interested please contact us at above email.

Regards

Dr. Patel

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|