where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Zawada NDT
Suppliers of instruments to test steel wire ropes in-situ, using magnetic, non-destructive method.

Technical Discussions
Patrick
Patrick
00:15 Aug-18-2001
Surface roughness

Dear collegues,

I am trying to do surface roughness characterization with eddy current probe. Can you advise me about one method that can do this.

Thanking you in advance

Patrick

Richard D. Finlayson
Director, Operations
Princeton Instruments, USA, Joined Jun 2000, 8

Richard D. Finlayson

Director, Operations
Princeton Instruments,
USA,
Joined Jun 2000
02:11 Aug-22-2001
Re: Surface roughness
: Dear collegues,
: I am trying to do surface roughness characterization with eddy current probe. Can you advise me about one method that can do this.
: Thanking you in advance
: Patrick

Patrick,
We have developed a system using stress waves that can differentiate between different roughness levels. If you can contact me I can discuss the system further.
Richard

Dr. Patel
R & D, Consultant to Universities/Industries
Fallon Ultrasonics/McMaster University, Canada, Joined May 2001, 20

Dr. Patel

R & D, Consultant to Universities/Industries
Fallon Ultrasonics/McMaster University,
Canada,
Joined May 2001
01:54 Aug-24-2001
Re: Surface roughness
: Dear collegues,
: I am trying to do surface roughness characterization with eddy current probe. Can you advise me about one method that can do this.
: Thanking you in advance
: Patrick

We have developed and used ultrasonic system to measure surface roughness on plates and parts during turning. The system also can measure parts thicknesses in micron accuracy and also measures surface integrity and stresses. If you are interested please contact us at above email.

Regards

Dr. Patel

Product Spotlight

ISONIC 3510

Very Powerful Superior Performance Extremely Portable Smart Phased Array Ultrasonic Flaw Detector an
d Recorder with 2 Conventional UT and TOFD Channels uniquely combines PA, single- and multi-channel conventional UT, and TOFD modalities providing 100% raw data recording and imaging. Suitable for all kinds of every-day ultrasonic inspections
>

GUL QSR1® Scanning

How do you measure pipe wall thickness without direct access to the area? QSR® Scanning - Guide Wav
e Quantitative Short Range Scanning.
>

Panther

M2M PANTHER is a phased-array equipment designed for both desktop and industrial applications, offer
ing unparalleled performance in a compact unit. It combines the speed required for industrial integrated Phased-Array Ultrasound (PAUT) solutions, with the most complete set of total focusing method (TFM) imaging techniques, making it the ultimate tool for R&D and procedure qualification.
>

Sci Aps Z-Series Portable Handheld Analysers

The world’s only handheld analyzer that measures carbon content in stainless (yes even L-grades),s
teels, and cast irons. Also accepted for low Si analysis for sulfidic corrosion analysis, and is widely used in the power industry for Cr analysis, for flow accelerated corrosion applications.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window