where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Phoenix Inspection Systems Limited
Design and manufacture ultrasonic Transducers, Scanners and Custom Solutions for NDT inspections. Innovators in NDT technology
Technical Discussions
AxlZ AekZ
AxlZ AekZ
06:49 Aug-20-2001
Can I use coil sensor in DC system?

Can I use coil sensor in DC system for detecting LMA or LF of wire rope?

Patrick
Patrick
04:13 Aug-20-2001
Re: Can I use coil sensor in DC system?
: Can I use coil sensor in DC system for detecting LMA or LF of wire rope?
We know how to test wire rope with eddy current method but what is LMA and LF ?

Tadeusz Stepinski
R & D
Uppsala University, Sweden, Joined Nov 1998, 14

Tadeusz Stepinski

R & D
Uppsala University,
Sweden,
Joined Nov 1998
09:50 Aug-21-2001
: Can I use coil sensor in DC system for detecting LMA or LF of wire rope?
You have to give some more details if you want to get some help.

Alexander Mironenko
Sales,
INTRON PLUS Ltd., Russia, Joined Sep 2001, 17

Alexander Mironenko

Sales,
INTRON PLUS Ltd.,
Russia,
Joined Sep 2001
01:52 Sep-10-2001
: : Can I use coil sensor in DC system for detecting LMA or LF of wire rope?
: .
: We know how to test wire rope with eddy current method but what is LMA and LF ?
In general you may use coil sensor. LMA - Loss of Metallic cross-sectional Area, LF - Local Flaws (see ASTM 1571-94).

Product Spotlight

EKOSCAN Phased Array

In order to always fit your needs, EKOSCAN can manufacture any type of UT transducer, either convent
ional or Phased Array. As an ISO 9001: 2015 certified company, EKOSCAN is extremely careful as far a material selection and manufacturing processes are concerned. Our probes guarantee our customers the benefits of latest innovations regarding piezo-composite, backing, impedance adaptation layer, etc. Specific probes for hostile environment: high temperature, high pressure, corrosive environment,etc. Specific probes designed to fit your specific application: optimization of every parameter to guarantee you the best detection.
>

Cygnus 6+ PRO Multi-Mode Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge

The Cygnus 6+ PRO thickness gauge is the most advance gauge within the Cygnus range with key featu
res including: comprehensive data logging; A-scan and B-scan display; manual gain control; Bluetooth connectivity; and much more. With its unique dual display and three measuring modes (Multiple-Echo, Echo-Echo and Single-Echo), this surface thickness gauge offers maximum versatility for inspections.
>

Silverwing RMS PA - Phased-array corrosion mapping

Eddyfi Technologies integrated two market leading solutions, Silverwing’s RMS and M2M’s instru
ments to provide a high-speed, remote access ultrasonic phased-array inspection system with live total focusing method (TFM).
>

Compact NDT inspection-heads for measurements with active thermography

The compact inspection head is suitable for thermographic ndt tasks. The uncooled infrared camera
is specially developed for NDI-tasks and offers a thermal sensitivity until now known only from thermal imagers with cooled detector. All required components and functions are integrated into the inspection-head. You will only need an ethernet cable to connect the sensor with the evaluation system.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window