where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

YXLON International GmbH

Technical Discussions
Juan Amado
Engineering, Inspection
Arco Industrial, S.A., Panama, Joined Nov 2001, 44

Juan Amado

Engineering, Inspection
Arco Industrial, S.A.,
Panama,
Joined Nov 2001
23:48 Feb-25-2010
USM Go

I was practicing drawing a DAC curve with my new USM Go, but cannot erase it by the procedure shown in the instructions, anybody have this same issue?
Best regards,
Juan Amado

Phanindra Kumar
Phanindra Kumar
13:19 Feb-26-2010
Re: USM Go
In Reply to Juan Amado at 23:48 Feb-25-2010 (Opening).

Dear Amado,

Please recall the DAC/TCG curve which you stored. Go to DAC/TCG option, select SETUP menu. You will find a DELETE CURVE showing as . If you want to delete DAC curve, push joystick Left or Right after that press Function1+Function2 buttons at a time.

I think you will get the result, which you are looking for.

Can you please confirm, is that the above procedure have you followed?

Best Regards
Phanindra Kumar.M

marshall
marshall
04:59 Aug-14-2014
In Reply to Phanindra Kumar at 13:19 Feb-26-2010 .

I was trying to change from dual to multi mode and it would not allow until I deleted dac curve. I have tried procedures in manual and nothing has worked.

Marshall
Marshall
06:18 Aug-14-2014
In Reply to Phanindra Kumar at 13:19 Feb-26-2010 .

Ok yes, pressing the F1 and F2 button does delete the curve but when you realize the following.
DMS go the F1 and F2 buttons are both on the top toggles with F3 F4 on bottom.
USM go the F1 and F2 buttons are both on the bottom toggles with gain on top.
A three hour frustration trip depending on which mode you have become comfortable with first.
Don't think I will tell anyone else at the shop about this.. Why take all the fun out of it for them.
LOL

Product Spotlight

MUSE Mobile Ultrasonic Equipment

The MUSE, a portable ultrasonic imaging system, was developed for in-field inspections of light-weig
ht structures. The MUSE consists of a motor-driven manipulator, a water circulation system for the acoustic coupling and a portable ultrasonic flaw detector (USPC 3010). The MUSE provides images of internal defects (A-, B-,C- and D-scan).
>

Navic - Steerable Modular Automated Scanner

The Navic is a modular, motorized, steerable scanner designed to carry multiple attachments used
in various scanning and inspection applications. The Navic is capable of weld scanning (girth welds and long seam welds), automated corrosion mapping, and tank scanning.
>

IRIS 9000Plus - Introducing the next generation of heat exchanger inspection.

Representing the seventh generation of the IRIS system, the IRIS 9000 Plus has nearly 200 years of c
ombined field inspection experience incorporated in its design. This experience combined with a strong commitment to quality and a history of innovation has made Iris Inspection Services® the undisputed leader in IRIS technology.
>

FMC/TFM

Next generation for Phased Array UT is here now with FMC/TFM! Have higher resolution imaging, impr
oved signal to noise ratio, characterize, size and analyze defects better with access to several wave mode views and save raw FMC data for higher quality analysis.  Some of the benefits are:
  • Beautiful Image! Easier to understand what you're looking at
  • Completely focused in entire image or volume
  • Much easier to define setups before inspection
  • Easier to decipher geometry echoes from real defects
  • Oriented defects (e.g. cracks) are imaged better
  • See image from different wave modes from one FMC inspection
  • FMC data can be reprocessed/analyzed without going back to the field
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window