where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
EMI Qualification
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

18:14 Feb-27-2010

kusnadie

NDT Inspector, NDT Technologist
PT TenarisSPIJ,
Indonesia,
Joined Nov 2008
EMI Qualification

Dear All,

In the Recommended Practice SNT-TC 1A 2006 EMI is an NDT method that must be qualified
In the case of an operating system consisting of short Grade Comparator, Sonoscope, Amalog and Four probes (UT) wall monitor so what methods should be in the grasp
by an EMI operator.
Is EMI qualification NDT Level I / II / III is a qualified individual or consist of
several NDT methods separately as MT, ET, FL, and UT.
If the EMI method is a qualified individual means EMI Level I / II should be in training and in testing by NDT EMI Level III examiner, are there he was in Indonesia in Indonesia.

Regards,
Kusnadie

21:00 Mar-01-2010

Andreas

NDT Inspector, Specially in the oilfield
Tuboscope Vetco(Deutschland)Gmbh,
Germany,
Joined Oct 1999
Re: EMI Qualification In Reply to kusnadie at 18:14 Feb-27-2010 (Opening).

I work with some EMI unit and i am qualify level 2 for MT,ET,PT,UT , but SNT-TC- 1A is only a guide.
Must important is the written practice for the qualification to operate a unit like that.
Minimum in the company iwork is a MT2 and further training on the unit according to the written practice and spec to be applied like API 5 CT , 5L etc.

Also you can look at the API 5A5 ,their is a lot explained.

Regards

Andreas

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|