where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
film interpretation of weld defect
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

Phoenix Inspection Systems Limited
Design and manufacture ultrasonic Transducers, Scanners and Custom Solutions for NDT inspections. Innovators in NDT technology

07:32 Mar-22-2010

prasetya

NDT Inspector,
Kwalita Inspectindo Dinamika, PT,
Indonesia,
Joined May 2009
film interpretation of weld defect

Hello frends..

I need film interpretation of weld defect, can you help me...

12:45 Mar-22-2010

S.V.Swamy

Engineering, - Material Testing Inspection & Quality Control
Retired from Nuclear Fuel Complex ,
India,
Joined Feb 2001
Re: film interpretation of weld defect In Reply to prasetya at 07:32 Mar-22-2010 (Opening).

There are good materials that explain how to interpret welds from the radiographic films. Then there are standard films that are produced by the various standard bodies and IIW. A good level II or Level III should be able to help you, if you are new to the field. I would have gladly helped you if I were near you physically, since I was involved quite deeply in development, production and in-service inspection of TIG welds in austenitic stainless steels and zirconium alloys.

Regards

Swamy

07:15 Oct-17-2013
ossama Nakhla
Re: film interpretation of weld defect In Reply to prasetya at 07:32 Mar-22-2010 (Opening).

Hi
Please check
http://www.ndt-ed.org/EducationResources/CommunityCollege/Radiography/TechCalibrations/RadiographInterp.htm

Thanks
Ossama Nakhla
API510, API653 and API570
CSWIP II welding.
Mech. Eng. (BSC. Mech Engr.).
osshabib@yahoo.com

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|