where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
DQA of wire rope inspection.
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

I&T Nardoni Institute
A state-of-the-art company servicing the metal, mechanical, aeronautical and railway industrial sectors

04:59 Sep-05-2001
AxlZ AekZ
DQA of wire rope inspection.

If I use 24-30 sensor for detect leakage flux.What kind of the spec of a/d card that I should select.. Please, guidline for my decision.
Thank you.
AxlZ W. AekZ

05:20 Sep-05-2001
Chris Coughlin
Re: DQA of wire rope inspection. : If I use 24-30 sensor for detect leakage flux.What kind of the spec of a/d card that I should select.. Please, guidline for my decision.
: Thank you.
: AxlZ W. AekZ

Good day;

For 24-30 flux leakage sensors you'd obviously want at least the 30 channels, maybe more. The sampling rate is another concern, which among other things would be governed by how quickly your system moves along the wire rope or vice versa (basically how much the magnetic field will vary with time), type of sensor, etc.

I'd recommend either the AT-MIO-64E-3 or the PCI/PXI-6071E from National Instruments (http://www.ni.com). Each of these boards has 64 analog inputs, which would be handy because you could then use differential inputs (two channels per sensor) for better signal quality. Of the three, the PCI and PXI boards have the best sampling rate of 1.25 MSamples/s, although the AT board will be a little less expensive. I've used the AT board with 30 magnetic sensors for a magnetic sensing system I designed forpipelines and it worked well even with the lower sampling rate.

Hope this helps-if I can offer any more insight let me know.

Good luck,
Chris

05:43 Sep-10-2001

Alexander Mironenko

Sales,
INTRON PLUS Ltd.,
Russia,
Joined Sep 2001
Re: DQA of wire rope inspection. : If I use 24-30 sensor for detect leakage flux.What kind of the spec of a/d card that I should select.. Please, guidline for my decision.
: Thank you.
: AxlZ W. AekZ

Please indicate the type of your instrument and sensor.

02:40 Nov-29-2001
Philip Kite
Re: DQA of wire rope inspection.
I have one of the ISA cards - AT-MIO-64E-3 sitting a my bench and I'm looking to sale it as the project I used it for ended about a year ago.

The list price is about USD$2,500 and all I want is about USD$600.

I'll pay for fedex shipment.

Regards
Philip Kite
SAMBA Service P/L

04:53 Apr-26-2002
Tom
Re: DQA of wire rope inspection. Where can I find information with visual pictures on replacement of wire rope used in the Inland/River barge industry.

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|