where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Mobile-Friendly Implementation in Progress

Mammon Technologies LLP
1-Stop Shop for all your NDT Needs. Radiography, GPR, Thermography and acoustic devices. We sell worldwide. We train worldwide. We support worldwide.

Technical Discussions
AxlZ AekZ
AxlZ AekZ
04:59 Sep-05-2001
DQA of wire rope inspection.

If I use 24-30 sensor for detect leakage flux.What kind of the spec of a/d card that I should select.. Please, guidline for my decision.
Thank you.
AxlZ W. AekZ

Chris Coughlin
Chris Coughlin
05:20 Sep-05-2001
Re: DQA of wire rope inspection.
: If I use 24-30 sensor for detect leakage flux.What kind of the spec of a/d card that I should select.. Please, guidline for my decision.
: Thank you.
: AxlZ W. AekZ

Good day;

For 24-30 flux leakage sensors you'd obviously want at least the 30 channels, maybe more. The sampling rate is another concern, which among other things would be governed by how quickly your system moves along the wire rope or vice versa (basically how much the magnetic field will vary with time), type of sensor, etc.

I'd recommend either the AT-MIO-64E-3 or the PCI/PXI-6071E from National Instruments (http://www.ni.com). Each of these boards has 64 analog inputs, which would be handy because you could then use differential inputs (two channels per sensor) for better signal quality. Of the three, the PCI and PXI boards have the best sampling rate of 1.25 MSamples/s, although the AT board will be a little less expensive. I've used the AT board with 30 magnetic sensors for a magnetic sensing system I designed forpipelines and it worked well even with the lower sampling rate.

Hope this helps-if I can offer any more insight let me know.

Good luck,
Chris

Alexander Mironenko
Sales,
INTRON PLUS Ltd., Russia, Joined Sep 2001, 17

Alexander Mironenko

Sales,
INTRON PLUS Ltd.,
Russia,
Joined Sep 2001
05:43 Sep-10-2001
: If I use 24-30 sensor for detect leakage flux.What kind of the spec of a/d card that I should select.. Please, guidline for my decision.
: Thank you.
: AxlZ W. AekZ

Please indicate the type of your instrument and sensor.

Philip Kite
Philip Kite
02:40 Nov-29-2001

I have one of the ISA cards - AT-MIO-64E-3 sitting a my bench and I'm looking to sale it as the project I used it for ended about a year ago.

The list price is about USD$2,500 and all I want is about USD$600.

I'll pay for fedex shipment.

Regards
Philip Kite
SAMBA Service P/L

Tom
Tom
04:53 Apr-26-2002
Where can I find information with visual pictures on replacement of wire rope used in the Inland/River barge industry.

FAAST-PA! OEM Patented phased Array for high speed UT inspection
Multiangle, Multifocus, Multifrequency, Multibeam. Instead of stacking UT electronics and having
Socomate International

Robotic laser shearography enables 100% inspection of complex, flight-critical composite structures
An article in “Composites World Magazine” showcases Non Destructive Testing of aero-structures
Dantec Dynamics GmbH
5 Showcases

NozzleScan: Radial nozzle scanner with probe skew
NozzleScan is a versatile manual scanning solution developed for the inspection of nozzle welds
Phoenix Inspection Systems Limited
5 Showcases 5 Videos

Semi-Automated Phased Array Immersion System for Small Composite Parts
Turn-key semi-automated system as an improved and affordable solution for inspection of small
TD NDE
5 Showcases 3 Videos

More Showcases

Share...

We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window