where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Mark King
Mark King
08:20 Sep-12-2001
Automatic UT inspection of tubing (Super Duplex)

Currently we are reviewing specifications for our client, these are submitted with purchase orders for super duplex tubing ranging from 14.7mmOD x 1.0 to 70.0mmOD x 3.55.
Currently the supplier carry's out full body UT inspection, calibrated by reflector on the inside and outside, L + T directions. The system is gated at 70% and the DB's are increased by +3. Observations of previous charts of run tubing shows numerous signals, under the 70% though with extreme width, for both L + T probes.
My question is, I can not locate a specification or reference to establishing an acceptance level, for allowable width of indication below height.
Any assitance would be appreciated.

Oleg Volf
Oleg Volf
04:29 Dec-07-2001
Re: Automatic UT inspection of tubing (Super Duplex)
: Currently we are reviewing specifications for our client, these are submitted with purchase orders for super duplex tubing ranging from 14.7mmOD x 1.0 to 70.0mmOD x 3.55.
: Currently the supplier carry's out full body UT inspection, calibrated by reflector on the inside and outside, L + T directions. The system is gated at 70% and the DB's are increased by +3. Observations of previous charts of run tubing shows numerous signals, under the 70% though with extreme width, for both L + T probes.
: My question is, I can not locate a specification or reference to establishing an acceptance level, for allowable width of indication below height.
: Any assitance would be appreciated.
You can check the standard API 5L, May be it will help you

Product Spotlight

NDT Master Lecturer

In the program both university professors and practitioners will give lectures, which guarantees the
oretical depth and practical inside. Academic Director: Prof. Dr. Christian Boller
The following lecturers are not complete: Prof. Tadeusz Stepinski, Prof. Wieslaw Staszewski, Prof. Frank Walther, Prof. Giovanni Bruno, Prof. Gerd Dobmann, Prof. Philippe Guy
>

I&T Nardoni

NDT, RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT OF NEW METHODOLOGY, TRAINING CENTER I&T NARDON INSTITUTE was idiated
in 1988 by Giuseppe Nardoni, now president and owner of the company, based on his multi-annual and international experience in the field of NDT.
>

Panther

M2M PANTHER is a phased-array equipment designed for both desktop and industrial applications, offer
ing unparalleled performance in a compact unit. It combines the speed required for industrial integrated Phased-Array Ultrasound (PAUT) solutions, with the most complete set of total focusing method (TFM) imaging techniques, making it the ultimate tool for R&D and procedure qualification.
>

YXLON Cougar EVO

Scalable small footprint X-ray inspection systems for assembly and laboratory applications. The
YXLON Cougar EVO series was designed to provide the "best-in- class" inspection solutions for SMT, semiconductor, and laboratory assembly applications, while maintaining a small system footprint for maximum convenience. With optimized software and hardware, these systems produce higher quality and more consistent results than other electronics inspection systems currently on the market.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window