where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Automatic UT inspection of tubing (Super Duplex)
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

GRANPECT COMPANY Ltd
GRANPECT, X-ray NDT Expert You Can Rely on

08:20 Sep-12-2001
Mark King
Automatic UT inspection of tubing (Super Duplex)

Currently we are reviewing specifications for our client, these are submitted with purchase orders for super duplex tubing ranging from 14.7mmOD x 1.0 to 70.0mmOD x 3.55.
Currently the supplier carry's out full body UT inspection, calibrated by reflector on the inside and outside, L + T directions. The system is gated at 70% and the DB's are increased by +3. Observations of previous charts of run tubing shows numerous signals, under the 70% though with extreme width, for both L + T probes.
My question is, I can not locate a specification or reference to establishing an acceptance level, for allowable width of indication below height.
Any assitance would be appreciated.

04:29 Dec-07-2001
Oleg Volf
Re: Automatic UT inspection of tubing (Super Duplex) : Currently we are reviewing specifications for our client, these are submitted with purchase orders for super duplex tubing ranging from 14.7mmOD x 1.0 to 70.0mmOD x 3.55.
: Currently the supplier carry's out full body UT inspection, calibrated by reflector on the inside and outside, L + T directions. The system is gated at 70% and the DB's are increased by +3. Observations of previous charts of run tubing shows numerous signals, under the 70% though with extreme width, for both L + T probes.
: My question is, I can not locate a specification or reference to establishing an acceptance level, for allowable width of indication below height.
: Any assitance would be appreciated.
You can check the standard API 5L, May be it will help you

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|