where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Mike
Mike
01:22 Sep-21-2001
V.I.P. Inspection Port System

Back in 1991 - 1992 I purchased a system for installing inspection ports in insulation on aboverground storage tanks. The system uses a Greenlee hydraluic press to expand a metal grommet in the insulation and then a removable plug is inserted into the ring creating a permanent inspection port. When I bought the system the company I was working for at the time purchased several thousand metal grommets and plugs which have lasted me until today. Now I have no idea where to go to purchase more of these components or if the system is still available. Does anyone know anything about VIP?? I did some web searches and came up empty.

Gary
NDT Inspector, special inspector
Testing Engineers Inc., USA, Joined Nov 1998, 1

Gary

NDT Inspector, special inspector
Testing Engineers Inc.,
USA,
Joined Nov 1998
05:33 Sep-22-2001
Re: V.I.P. Inspection Port System
: Back in 1991 - 1992 I purchased a system for installing inspection ports in insulation on aboverground storage tanks. The system uses a Greenlee hydraluic press to expand a metal grommet in the insulation and then a removable plug is inserted into the ring creating a permanent inspection port. When I bought the system the company I was working for at the time purchased several thousand metal grommets and plugs which have lasted me until today. Now I have no idea where to go to purchase more of these components or if the system is still available. Does anyone know anything about VIP?? I did some web searches and came up empty.
May not be what you,re looking for but is another option.
http://www.inspectionplug.com/

Warren Singer
Warren Singer
02:12 Jan-07-2002
Mike, check out this site. The system is much better, less expensive, and faster to install. I haven't seen any of those grommets in a long time. : Back in 1991 - 1992 I purchased a system for installing inspection ports in insulation on aboverground storage tanks. The system uses a Greenlee hydraluic press to expand a metal grommet in the insulation and then a removable plug is inserted into the ring creating a permanent inspection port. When I bought the system the company I was working for at the time purchased several thousand metal grommets and plugs which have lasted me until today. Now I have no idea where to go to purchase more of these components or if the system is still available. Does anyone know anything about VIP?? I did some web searches and came up empty.

Warren Singer
Warren Singer
02:16 Jan-07-2002
: : Back in 1991 - 1992 I purchased a system for installing inspection ports in insulation on aboverground storage tanks. The system uses a Greenlee hydraluic press to expand a metal grommet in the insulation and then a removable plug is inserted into the ring creating a permanent inspection port. When I bought the system the company I was working for at the time purchased several thousand metal grommets and plugs which have lasted me until today. Now I have no idea where to go to purchase more of these components or if the system is still available. Does anyone know anything about VIP?? I did some web searches and came up empty.
: .
: May not be what you,re looking for but is another option.
: http://www.inspectionplug.com/
Mike, check out www.inspectionportsystems.com for Inspection Port Systems. This is the best port we've ever seen. Easy and fast to install. Waterproof. Reliable. Accepted almost everywhere.

Product Spotlight

NOVO Armor 15 & NOVO Armor 22

The Armor Kit Contains the NOVO Armor, which provides additional mechanical protection to the NOVO 1
5WN & NOVO 22WN Detectors, the Armor Stand and a traveling soft cover. - Newest shock absorbent technology case - Water resistant design - Supports wired & wireless communication - Multiple positioning options - Tripod connection using the Built-in 1/4” threads - Simple Detector battery replacement
>

Semi-Automated Phased Array Immersion System for Small Composite Parts

Turn-key semi-automated system as an improved and affordable solution for inspection of small comp
osite parts. Includes support table, immersion tank, scanner, PA instrument, PC, Analysis software, database, wedge management and other options.
>

Cygnus 6+ PRO Multi-Mode Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge

The Cygnus 6+ PRO thickness gauge is the most advance gauge within the Cygnus range with key featu
res including: comprehensive data logging; A-scan and B-scan display; manual gain control; Bluetooth connectivity; and much more. With its unique dual display and three measuring modes (Multiple-Echo, Echo-Echo and Single-Echo), this surface thickness gauge offers maximum versatility for inspections.
>

Swift & Scorpion2 - a state-of-the-art remote-control ultrasonic crawler

The Swift and Scorpion2 dry-coupled, remote-access ultrasonic crawler bring major efficiency and d
ata improvements to tank shell inspections and other structures such as vessels and offshore installations.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window