where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Mike
Mike
01:22 Sep-21-2001
V.I.P. Inspection Port System

Back in 1991 - 1992 I purchased a system for installing inspection ports in insulation on aboverground storage tanks. The system uses a Greenlee hydraluic press to expand a metal grommet in the insulation and then a removable plug is inserted into the ring creating a permanent inspection port. When I bought the system the company I was working for at the time purchased several thousand metal grommets and plugs which have lasted me until today. Now I have no idea where to go to purchase more of these components or if the system is still available. Does anyone know anything about VIP?? I did some web searches and came up empty.

Gary
NDT Inspector, special inspector
Testing Engineers Inc., USA, Joined Nov 1998, 1

Gary

NDT Inspector, special inspector
Testing Engineers Inc.,
USA,
Joined Nov 1998
05:33 Sep-22-2001
Re: V.I.P. Inspection Port System
: Back in 1991 - 1992 I purchased a system for installing inspection ports in insulation on aboverground storage tanks. The system uses a Greenlee hydraluic press to expand a metal grommet in the insulation and then a removable plug is inserted into the ring creating a permanent inspection port. When I bought the system the company I was working for at the time purchased several thousand metal grommets and plugs which have lasted me until today. Now I have no idea where to go to purchase more of these components or if the system is still available. Does anyone know anything about VIP?? I did some web searches and came up empty.
May not be what you,re looking for but is another option.
http://www.inspectionplug.com/

Warren Singer
Warren Singer
02:12 Jan-07-2002
Mike, check out this site. The system is much better, less expensive, and faster to install. I haven't seen any of those grommets in a long time. : Back in 1991 - 1992 I purchased a system for installing inspection ports in insulation on aboverground storage tanks. The system uses a Greenlee hydraluic press to expand a metal grommet in the insulation and then a removable plug is inserted into the ring creating a permanent inspection port. When I bought the system the company I was working for at the time purchased several thousand metal grommets and plugs which have lasted me until today. Now I have no idea where to go to purchase more of these components or if the system is still available. Does anyone know anything about VIP?? I did some web searches and came up empty.

Warren Singer
Warren Singer
02:16 Jan-07-2002
: : Back in 1991 - 1992 I purchased a system for installing inspection ports in insulation on aboverground storage tanks. The system uses a Greenlee hydraluic press to expand a metal grommet in the insulation and then a removable plug is inserted into the ring creating a permanent inspection port. When I bought the system the company I was working for at the time purchased several thousand metal grommets and plugs which have lasted me until today. Now I have no idea where to go to purchase more of these components or if the system is still available. Does anyone know anything about VIP?? I did some web searches and came up empty.
: .
: May not be what you,re looking for but is another option.
: http://www.inspectionplug.com/
Mike, check out www.inspectionportsystems.com for Inspection Port Systems. This is the best port we've ever seen. Easy and fast to install. Waterproof. Reliable. Accepted almost everywhere.

Product Spotlight

GUL QSR1® Scanning

How do you measure pipe wall thickness without direct access to the area? QSR® Scanning - Guide Wav
e Quantitative Short Range Scanning.
>

Panther

M2M PANTHER is a phased-array equipment designed for both desktop and industrial applications, offer
ing unparalleled performance in a compact unit. It combines the speed required for industrial integrated Phased-Array Ultrasound (PAUT) solutions, with the most complete set of total focusing method (TFM) imaging techniques, making it the ultimate tool for R&D and procedure qualification.
>

AIS229 - Multipurpose Real Time System

Latest standard & automatic real time system developed by Balteau. The AIS229 has been designed to
do series inspection in a wide variety of industry. Composed of a shielded cabinet, 5 axis manipulator, x-ray generator and tubehead from 160kV to 225kV, a fl at panel & much more, the AIS229 is most certainly one of the most multipurpose RTR system available on the market.
>

MUSE Mobile Ultrasonic Equipment

The MUSE, a portable ultrasonic imaging system, was developed for in-field inspections of light-weig
ht structures. The MUSE consists of a motor-driven manipulator, a water circulation system for the acoustic coupling and a portable ultrasonic flaw detector (USPC 3010). The MUSE provides images of internal defects (A-, B-,C- and D-scan).
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window