where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
V.I.P. Inspection Port System
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

01:22 Sep-21-2001
Mike
V.I.P. Inspection Port System

Back in 1991 - 1992 I purchased a system for installing inspection ports in insulation on aboverground storage tanks. The system uses a Greenlee hydraluic press to expand a metal grommet in the insulation and then a removable plug is inserted into the ring creating a permanent inspection port. When I bought the system the company I was working for at the time purchased several thousand metal grommets and plugs which have lasted me until today. Now I have no idea where to go to purchase more of these components or if the system is still available. Does anyone know anything about VIP?? I did some web searches and came up empty.

05:33 Sep-22-2001

Gary

NDT Inspector, special inspector
Testing Engineers Inc.,
USA,
Joined Nov 1998
Re: V.I.P. Inspection Port System : Back in 1991 - 1992 I purchased a system for installing inspection ports in insulation on aboverground storage tanks. The system uses a Greenlee hydraluic press to expand a metal grommet in the insulation and then a removable plug is inserted into the ring creating a permanent inspection port. When I bought the system the company I was working for at the time purchased several thousand metal grommets and plugs which have lasted me until today. Now I have no idea where to go to purchase more of these components or if the system is still available. Does anyone know anything about VIP?? I did some web searches and came up empty.
May not be what you,re looking for but is another option.
http://www.inspectionplug.com/

02:12 Jan-07-2002
Warren Singer
Re: V.I.P. Inspection Port System Mike, check out this site. The system is much better, less expensive, and faster to install. I haven't seen any of those grommets in a long time. : Back in 1991 - 1992 I purchased a system for installing inspection ports in insulation on aboverground storage tanks. The system uses a Greenlee hydraluic press to expand a metal grommet in the insulation and then a removable plug is inserted into the ring creating a permanent inspection port. When I bought the system the company I was working for at the time purchased several thousand metal grommets and plugs which have lasted me until today. Now I have no idea where to go to purchase more of these components or if the system is still available. Does anyone know anything about VIP?? I did some web searches and came up empty.

02:16 Jan-07-2002
Warren Singer
Re: V.I.P. Inspection Port System : : Back in 1991 - 1992 I purchased a system for installing inspection ports in insulation on aboverground storage tanks. The system uses a Greenlee hydraluic press to expand a metal grommet in the insulation and then a removable plug is inserted into the ring creating a permanent inspection port. When I bought the system the company I was working for at the time purchased several thousand metal grommets and plugs which have lasted me until today. Now I have no idea where to go to purchase more of these components or if the system is still available. Does anyone know anything about VIP?? I did some web searches and came up empty.
: .
: May not be what you,re looking for but is another option.
: http://www.inspectionplug.com/
Mike, check out www.inspectionportsystems.com for Inspection Port Systems. This is the best port we've ever seen. Easy and fast to install. Waterproof. Reliable. Accepted almost everywhere.

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|