where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

NT - Nove technologie s.r.o.
Ultrasonic gel for NDT application. Various types of ultrasonic agents. Starsonic SS2, SS3

Technical Discussions
Ahmed M.Eid
Ahmed M.Eid
04:35 Sep-23-1998
Ultrasonic

Dear prof.;

I'm assistant researcher in ultrasonic Department ( National Institute of Standards) in Cairo, (Egypt). I have M.Sc. in solid state physics from Cairo University. I prepare for my Ph.D. in field of composite materials properties using ultrasonic methods.
The available equipment is Flaw detector, normal & angle probes, Immersion tank, wave generator, Impedance analyzer and reference blocks.
The question is what kinds of composites I can study?

Thank you in advance

Sincerely,
A.M.Eid

Yoseph Bar-Cohen
R & D,
Jet Propulsion Lab (JPL), USA, Joined Nov 1998, 26

Yoseph Bar-Cohen

R & D,
Jet Propulsion Lab (JPL),
USA,
Joined Nov 1998
05:40 Sep-24-1998
Re: Ultrasonic
: Dear prof.;

: I'm assistant researcher in ultrasonic Department ( National Institute of Standards) in Cairo, (Egypt). I have M.Sc. in solid state physics from Cairo University. I prepare for my Ph.D. in field of composite materials properties using ultrasonic methods.
: The available equipment is Flaw detector, normal & angle probes, Immersion tank, wave generator, Impedance analyzer and reference blocks.
: The question is what kinds of composites I can study?

: Thank you in advance

: Sincerely,
: A.M.Eid
:

Dear Mr. Eid,

With the hardware that you have you should be able to study wave propagation through
composite materials such as graphite/epoxy. If you would like to make a scientific
contribution to the field of NDE, you may want to conduct a literature search to see
what was already done in this field. As you can imagine, there has been a lot of
research studies that were conducted with ultrasonic wave propagation in composite materials.
However, the complexity of the issue always leaving room for new ideas and problems to tackle.
Particularly, I believe that the issue of polar backscattering from composites is still not completely
understood. Also, it will be nice to find a wave to measure the density of composites with
access from a single side without involving the effect of the wave velocity. We need a reliable method
of measuring residual stresses.

Yosi

Product Spotlight

FMC/TFM

Next generation for Phased Array UT is here now with FMC/TFM! Have higher resolution imaging, impr
oved signal to noise ratio, characterize, size and analyze defects better with access to several wave mode views and save raw FMC data for higher quality analysis.  Some of the benefits are:
  • Beautiful Image! Easier to understand what you're looking at
  • Completely focused in entire image or volume
  • Much easier to define setups before inspection
  • Easier to decipher geometry echoes from real defects
  • Oriented defects (e.g. cracks) are imaged better
  • See image from different wave modes from one FMC inspection
  • FMC data can be reprocessed/analyzed without going back to the field
>

GEKKO - Portable Phased Array Testing with TFM in Real-Time

The portable phased array testing system GEKKO provides 64 parallel test channels. On creating testi
ng parameters the operator is assisted by the CIVA software. Due to its modular set-up the GEKKO instrument is suitable for operators of all skill levels.
>

Varex Imaging Large Field of View (FOV) Digital Detector Arrays (DDAs)

A larger FOV DDA can reduce the space and volume of the X-ray inspection system on the factory floor
, enable faster scanning times, better throughput and better resolution images at a lower dose. Customers can also save time and money. With these benefits in mind, Varex Imaging has designed a family of large FOV detectors (4343HE, XRD 1611, 4343DX-I, 4343CT) for our industrial imaging customers.
>

HD-CR 35 NDT Computed Radiography System

Portable high-resolution CR scanner for all radiography applications - weld testing, profile images
and aerospace. No matter what type of radiographic testing you are performing, the unique TreFoc Technology of the HD-CR 35 NDT imaging plate scanner always guarantees the highest image quality.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window