where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

GE Inspection Technologies GmbH
offers equipment, systems and expertise based on ultrasonics, radiography, eddy curreent and remote visual inspection.

Technical Discussions
CLAUDE HENRY VIXAMAR
Engineering
United Kingdom, Joined Oct 2001, 3

CLAUDE HENRY VIXAMAR

Engineering
United Kingdom,
Joined Oct 2001
04:52 Oct-16-2001
measurement tool

I AM LOOOKING FOR SOME TOOL ABLE TO MEASURE THE DIAMETER OF A PIPE THROUGH THE COATING.
I WANT TO INSTALL SOME GAUGES ON A MEASUREMENT DEVICE, MNIMUM 8 GAUGES, AND EXPLORE THE DATA TO BE ABLE TO OUTPUT THE SHAPE AND THE DIAMETER OF THE STEEL PIPE UNDER COATING.
THE GAUGES SHOULD BE ABLE TO MEASURE THE STEEL UNDER MAXIMUM 100mm OF COATING.
IF YOU WANT MORE INFORMATION;

IF YOU THINK YOU CAN DO IT

IF YOU KNOW A COMPANY ABLE TO DO IT

PLEASE CAN YOU SEND ME AN REPLY AT: claudevixamar@netscape.net

REGARDS

CLAUDE

Steve LaBreck
Steve LaBreck
05:55 Oct-16-2001
Re: measurement tool
If you are looking to measure the thickness of the Pipe under the coating you can use an ultrasonic thickness gage like the 36DL PLUS offered By Panametrics. For more information you can see product information at www.panametircs.com

If you have any additional questions please feel free to contact me.

Regards,

Steve LaBreck

: I AM LOOOKING FOR SOME TOOL ABLE TO MEASURE THE DIAMETER OF A PIPE THROUGH THE COATING.
: I WANT TO INSTALL SOME GAUGES ON A MEASUREMENT DEVICE, MNIMUM 8 GAUGES, AND EXPLORE THE DATA TO BE ABLE TO OUTPUT THE SHAPE AND THE DIAMETER OF THE STEEL PIPE UNDER COATING.
: THE GAUGES SHOULD BE ABLE TO MEASURE THE STEEL UNDER MAXIMUM 100mm OF COATING.
: IF YOU WANT MORE INFORMATION;IF YOU KNOW A COMPANY ABLE TO DO IT
: PLEASE CAN YOU SEND ME AN REPLY AT: claudevixamar@netscape.net
: REGARDS
: CLAUDE

: IF YOU THINK YOU CAN DO IT
:

Art Leach
Sales
GE Inspection Technologies, USA, Joined Apr 2001, 12

Art Leach

Sales
GE Inspection Technologies,
USA,
Joined Apr 2001
01:00 Oct-16-2001

Claude,

I would invite you to review the technical information on the DMS 2 A-Scan thickness gauge. The TopCOAT technology should be of interest if you are working with measurements through coatings.

Art.

: I AM LOOOKING FOR SOME TOOL ABLE TO MEASURE THE DIAMETER OF A PIPE THROUGH THE COATING.
: I WANT TO INSTALL SOME GAUGES ON A MEASUREMENT DEVICE, MNIMUM 8 GAUGES, AND EXPLORE THE DATA TO BE ABLE TO OUTPUT THE SHAPE AND THE DIAMETER OF THE STEEL PIPE UNDER COATING.
: THE GAUGES SHOULD BE ABLE TO MEASURE THE STEEL UNDER MAXIMUM 100mm OF COATING.
: IF YOU WANT MORE INFORMATION;
: IF YOU KNOW A COMPANY ABLE TO DO IT

Rolf Diederichs
Director, Editor
NDT.net, Germany, Joined Nov 1998, 602

Rolf Diederichs

Director, Editor
NDT.net,
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
09:40 Oct-17-2001
I assume that you are looking for an in-line measurement system.
How to measure with ultrasonic the outer or inner diameter see:
http://www.ndt.net/article/rohrext/us_dia/us_dia_e.htm

Probably some companies can offer such system,
e.g. Inoex, Krautkramer, Panametrics.

Best regards
Rolf Diederichs

------------
: IF YOU WANT MORE INFORMATION;
: IF YOU KNOW A COMPANY ABLE TO DO IT

Claude-Henry Vixamar
Engineering
United Kingdom, Joined Oct 2001, 3

Claude-Henry Vixamar

Engineering
United Kingdom,
Joined Oct 2001
00:59 Oct-17-2001
Update of Specification
As an update to the specification which I submitted yesterday, I have found that it was slightly unclear so maybe this will clarify what I am looking for:

I am looking to measure the out of roundness of a steel pipeline under a non-conductive coating but not concrete (i.e PP, PE, FBE).

It is preferred that the measurement is taken at the external surface of the steel at a minimum of 8 points across the cross section of the steel.

Coating system could range upto 100 mm in thickness.

Art Leach
Sales
GE Inspection Technologies, USA, Joined Apr 2001, 12

Art Leach

Sales
GE Inspection Technologies,
USA,
Joined Apr 2001
05:19 Oct-17-2001
Re: Update of Specification

Claude,

I would recommend then, looking at the Krautkramer USPC-2100 System. This is a flexible PC based system that should meet and exceed your requirements.

Art.

: As an update to the specification which I submitted yesterday, I have found that it was slightly unclear so maybe this will clarify what I am looking for:
: I am looking to measure the out of roundness of a steel pipeline under a non-conductive coating but not concrete (i.e PP, PE, FBE).
: It is preferred that the measurement is taken at the external surface of the steel at a minimum of 8 points across the cross section of the steel.
: Coating system could range upto 100 mm in thickness.

Lê Minh-Quang
Lê Minh-Quang
06:14 Oct-17-2001
Measurement of the diameter of steel tubes
Dear Mr Vixanar,
I think that 8 eddy current sensors can solve your problem. We at Sciensoria make high range distance eddy current sensor which can measure upto 150 mm with high precision.
Regards

Sciensoria
http://www.sensorsbank.com

: As an update to the specification which I submitted yesterday, I have found that it was slightly unclear so maybe this will clarify what I am looking for:
: I am looking to measure the out of roundness of a steel pipeline under a non-conductive coating but not concrete (i.e PP, PE, FBE).
: It is preferred that the measurement is taken at the external surface of the steel at a minimum of 8 points across the cross section of the steel.

CLAUDE-HENRY VIXAMAR
CLAUDE-HENRY VIXAMAR
09:30 Oct-17-2001
PLEASE READ BEFORE ANSWERING.
I have found that he answer sent did not reply to the requirement. So maybe this will clarify what I am looking for:

I AM FOCUSED ON THE SHAPE OF THE SURFACE OF THE STEEL PIPELINE NOT THE THICKNESS OF THE PIPELINE.

: The measurement is taken at the external surface of the steel at a minimum of 8 points across the cross section of the steel.

jnknlsn
jnknlsn
10:57 Dec-14-2009
In Reply to Art Leach at 01:00 Oct-16-2001 .

新宿 マッサージ
[url=http://www.shoe-zoo.jp/]募金[/url]

Product Spotlight

Ultrasonic tomograph for imaging of concrete structures А1040 MIRA

Applicable for concrete inspection allowing imaging of the internal structure of objects from conc
rete, reinforced concrete, different stones. The operation applies pulse-echo technique at one-side access to the object. The instrument is feasible for concrete inspection for searching conduct ducts, conduits, detection of foreign inclusions, holes, honeycombing, cracks and other concrete defects.
>

CIVA 2017 UT Module

CIVA NDE Simulation Software is the world leader of NDT Simulation. The UT simulation Module incl
udes: - "Beam computation": Beam propagation simulation - "Inspection Simulation": Beam interaction with flaws or specimens The user can simulate a whole inspection process (pulse echo, tandem or TOFD) with a wide range of probes (conventional, Phased- arrays or EMAT), components, and flaws.
>

SITEX CPSERIES

Teledyne ICM’s CPSERIES has been designed with a view to revolutionizing the handling and perfor
mances of portable X-Ray sets. Despite having managed to halve the weight of similar portable X-Ray generators available on the market (while continuing to provide the same power output), the SITEX CPSERIES generators feature a shutter, a laser pointer, a beryllium window, an aluminum filter and two integrated diaphragms (customized sizes are available upon request). Without compromising the robustness and reliability for which ICM products are renowned, the small size and light weight of the SITEX CPSERIES will radically change the way that you perform your RT inspections. And you will see a positive impact in terms of both quality and return on investment (ROI).
>

Ceram 35P (Panoramic)

The Ceram 35P is the panoramic brand new portable generators designed by Balteau NDT and is offeri
ng no less than 300kV, 5mA and 100% duty cycle for an incredible image contrast even at full power. It will will surely become a reference as it can be classified as a high power portable unit and can be operated with our CF2000 control unit but also with our well known Hand-X Wireless Remote Control.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window
s