where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
measurement tool
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

04:52 Oct-16-2001

CLAUDE HENRY VIXAMAR

Engineering
United Kingdom,
Joined Oct 2001
measurement tool

I AM LOOOKING FOR SOME TOOL ABLE TO MEASURE THE DIAMETER OF A PIPE THROUGH THE COATING.
I WANT TO INSTALL SOME GAUGES ON A MEASUREMENT DEVICE, MNIMUM 8 GAUGES, AND EXPLORE THE DATA TO BE ABLE TO OUTPUT THE SHAPE AND THE DIAMETER OF THE STEEL PIPE UNDER COATING.
THE GAUGES SHOULD BE ABLE TO MEASURE THE STEEL UNDER MAXIMUM 100mm OF COATING.
IF YOU WANT MORE INFORMATION;

IF YOU THINK YOU CAN DO IT

IF YOU KNOW A COMPANY ABLE TO DO IT

PLEASE CAN YOU SEND ME AN REPLY AT: claudevixamar@netscape.net

REGARDS

CLAUDE

05:55 Oct-16-2001
Steve LaBreck
Re: measurement tool If you are looking to measure the thickness of the Pipe under the coating you can use an ultrasonic thickness gage like the 36DL PLUS offered By Panametrics. For more information you can see product information at www.panametircs.com

If you have any additional questions please feel free to contact me.

Regards,

Steve LaBreck

: I AM LOOOKING FOR SOME TOOL ABLE TO MEASURE THE DIAMETER OF A PIPE THROUGH THE COATING.
: I WANT TO INSTALL SOME GAUGES ON A MEASUREMENT DEVICE, MNIMUM 8 GAUGES, AND EXPLORE THE DATA TO BE ABLE TO OUTPUT THE SHAPE AND THE DIAMETER OF THE STEEL PIPE UNDER COATING.
: THE GAUGES SHOULD BE ABLE TO MEASURE THE STEEL UNDER MAXIMUM 100mm OF COATING.
: IF YOU WANT MORE INFORMATION;IF YOU KNOW A COMPANY ABLE TO DO IT
: PLEASE CAN YOU SEND ME AN REPLY AT: claudevixamar@netscape.net
: REGARDS
: CLAUDE

: IF YOU THINK YOU CAN DO IT
:

01:00 Oct-16-2001

Art Leach

Sales
GE Inspection Technologies,
USA,
Joined Apr 2001
Re: measurement tool

Claude,

I would invite you to review the technical information on the DMS 2 A-Scan thickness gauge. The TopCOAT technology should be of interest if you are working with measurements through coatings.

Art.

: I AM LOOOKING FOR SOME TOOL ABLE TO MEASURE THE DIAMETER OF A PIPE THROUGH THE COATING.
: I WANT TO INSTALL SOME GAUGES ON A MEASUREMENT DEVICE, MNIMUM 8 GAUGES, AND EXPLORE THE DATA TO BE ABLE TO OUTPUT THE SHAPE AND THE DIAMETER OF THE STEEL PIPE UNDER COATING.
: THE GAUGES SHOULD BE ABLE TO MEASURE THE STEEL UNDER MAXIMUM 100mm OF COATING.
: IF YOU WANT MORE INFORMATION;
: IF YOU KNOW A COMPANY ABLE TO DO IT

09:40 Oct-17-2001

Rolf Diederichs

Director, Editor, Publisher, Internet, PHP MySQL
NDT.net,
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
Re: measurement tool I assume that you are looking for an in-line measurement system.
How to measure with ultrasonic the outer or inner diameter see:
http://www.ndt.net/article/rohrext/us_dia/us_dia_e.htm

Probably some companies can offer such system,
e.g. Inoex, Krautkramer, Panametrics.

Best regards
Rolf Diederichs

------------
: IF YOU WANT MORE INFORMATION;
: IF YOU KNOW A COMPANY ABLE TO DO IT

00:59 Oct-17-2001

Claude-Henry Vixamar

Engineering
United Kingdom,
Joined Oct 2001
Update of Specification As an update to the specification which I submitted yesterday, I have found that it was slightly unclear so maybe this will clarify what I am looking for:

I am looking to measure the out of roundness of a steel pipeline under a non-conductive coating but not concrete (i.e PP, PE, FBE).

It is preferred that the measurement is taken at the external surface of the steel at a minimum of 8 points across the cross section of the steel.

Coating system could range upto 100 mm in thickness.

05:19 Oct-17-2001

Art Leach

Sales
GE Inspection Technologies,
USA,
Joined Apr 2001
Re: Update of Specification

Claude,

I would recommend then, looking at the Krautkramer USPC-2100 System. This is a flexible PC based system that should meet and exceed your requirements.

Art.

: As an update to the specification which I submitted yesterday, I have found that it was slightly unclear so maybe this will clarify what I am looking for:
: I am looking to measure the out of roundness of a steel pipeline under a non-conductive coating but not concrete (i.e PP, PE, FBE).
: It is preferred that the measurement is taken at the external surface of the steel at a minimum of 8 points across the cross section of the steel.
: Coating system could range upto 100 mm in thickness.

06:14 Oct-17-2001
Lê Minh-Quang
Measurement of the diameter of steel tubes Dear Mr Vixanar,
I think that 8 eddy current sensors can solve your problem. We at Sciensoria make high range distance eddy current sensor which can measure upto 150 mm with high precision.
Regards

Sciensoria
http://www.sensorsbank.com

: As an update to the specification which I submitted yesterday, I have found that it was slightly unclear so maybe this will clarify what I am looking for:
: I am looking to measure the out of roundness of a steel pipeline under a non-conductive coating but not concrete (i.e PP, PE, FBE).
: It is preferred that the measurement is taken at the external surface of the steel at a minimum of 8 points across the cross section of the steel.

09:30 Oct-17-2001
CLAUDE-HENRY VIXAMAR
PLEASE READ BEFORE ANSWERING. I have found that he answer sent did not reply to the requirement. So maybe this will clarify what I am looking for:

I AM FOCUSED ON THE SHAPE OF THE SURFACE OF THE STEEL PIPELINE NOT THE THICKNESS OF THE PIPELINE.

: The measurement is taken at the external surface of the steel at a minimum of 8 points across the cross section of the steel.

10:57 Dec-14-2009
jnknlsn
Re: measurement tool In Reply to Art Leach at 01:00 Oct-16-2001 .

新宿 マッサージ
[url=http://www.shoe-zoo.jp/]募金[/url]

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|