where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Further study
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

00:06 Oct-25-2001

Luo Jianyuan

Engineering
China,
Joined Feb 2001
Further study

I am intending to study NDT relevant major in US or Canada, but I can not find the NDT relevant major in university. Master programme is best, could you give me a hand? Thank you for your help.

01:23 Oct-25-2001

David Hermanutz

Consultant,
Hbndt.com,
China,
Joined Jul 2012
Re: Further study : I am intending to study NDT relevant major in US or Canada, but I can not find the NDT relevant major in university. Master programme is best, could you give me a hand? Thank you for your help.

To my knowledge there is no full fledged university course in Canada that offers NDT as a major or minor. Most Canadian Engineering faculties offer a major/minor in Metallurgical or Material Properties that may include miniscule amounts of NDT theory.

There are several Uni's in the USA and Great Britain that run NDT majors.

www.cnde.iastate.edu is a good starting point.

02:25 Oct-25-2001

Luo Jianyuan

Engineering
China,
Joined Feb 2001
Re: Further study : : I am intending to study NDT relevant major in US or Canada, but I can not find the NDT relevant major in university. Master programme is best, could you give me a hand? Thank you for your help.
: .
: To my knowledge there is no full fledged university course in Canada that offers NDT as a major or minor. Most Canadian Engineering faculties offer a major/minor in Metallurgical or Material Properties that may include miniscule amounts of NDT theory.
: There are several Uni's in the USA and Great Britain that run NDT majors.
: www.cnde.iastate.edu is a good starting point.

Hi, David, you are right, originally my mojor is Corrosion and Pretection. Do you know anything about this major in US and Canada or any other university?

05:22 Oct-25-2001
Chris Coughlin
Re: Further study : I am intending to study NDT relevant major in US or Canada, but I can not find the NDT relevant major in university. Master programme is best, could you give me a hand? Thank you for your help.

From my own experience, most schools will have at least one professor and/or group that does NDT, but it's not necessarily labelled as such. For example, I was part of the Applied Magnetics Group at Queen's University, in the Physics Department, and my grad school work centred around magnetic flux leakage and remote field eddy current NDT.

So, your best bet may be to do a sort of reverse search for schools by searching on your interests in NDT (e.g. aspect or technique), and following the name trail that you come up with. Most searches on Google for a specific NDT technique for example will eventually return a link to a professor or research group's website, and from there you can check out the research and the school itself.

Good Luck!

Chris

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|