where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

NT - Nove technologie s.r.o.
Ultrasonic gel for NDT application. Various types of ultrasonic agents. Starsonic SS2, SS3

Technical Discussions
Colin Moses
Colin Moses
07:17 Oct-31-2001
Manufacturing vs. in-service defects

I'm currently looking into the ability of the various NDT's to distinguish between manufacturing defects (unchanged since the start but recently discovered due to improvements in NDT technology) and in-service defects of piping components primarily constructed of carbon steel to ASME SA106 Grade B, plus supplementals SA530 & SA655.
I realize this is a fairly general question but any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Chris Coughlin
Chris Coughlin
08:15 Oct-31-2001
Re: Manufacturing vs. in-service defects
: I'm currently looking into the ability of the various NDT's to distinguish between manufacturing defects (unchanged since the start but recently discovered due to improvements in NDT technology) and in-service defects of piping components primarily constructed of carbon steel to ASME SA106 Grade B, plus supplementals SA530 & SA655.
: I realize this is a fairly general question but any help would be appreciated.
: Thanks

Hello;

I spent a few years working on this very issue for the oil and gas industry. Feel free to contact me directly for more information.

Regards,
Chris
ccoughlin@tri-austin.com

Product Spotlight

NEW Wheel Type Phased Array Probe

DOPPLER NEW Wheel Type Phased Array Probe, more stable, new tyre makes lesser acoustic attenuation
, much lighter makes easier to handle, more slim size, magnetic and mechanical encoder optional etc...more
>

FAAST-PA! OEM Patented phased Array for high speed UT inspection

Multiangle, Multifocus, Multifrequency, Multibeam. Instead of stacking UT electronics and having m
any PA probes, FAAST-PA is able to transmit all delay laws within ONE single shot in Real time.
>

GEKKO - Portable Phased Array Testing with TFM in Real-Time

The portable phased array testing system GEKKO provides 64 parallel test channels. On creating testi
ng parameters the operator is assisted by the CIVA software. Due to its modular set-up the GEKKO instrument is suitable for operators of all skill levels.
>

Ultrasonic Testing Immersion Tanks with Unmatched Scanning Features

TecScan’s non-destructive testing Ultrasonic Immersion Tanks & scanners are designed for high pe
rformance and demanding NDT testing applications. Our Scan3D™ line of High Precision Immersion Tanks are specifically designed for automated ultrasonic testing of complex composites parts used in aerospace and industrial applications.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window