where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

ZETEC, Inc.
Zetec is a global leader in nondestructive testing (NDT) solutions for the critical inspection needs of industries the world counts on every day, ...

Technical Discussions
tomas perez a.
NDT Inspector
Refineria Panama,S.A. (TEXACO), Algeria, Joined Dec 1999, 3

tomas perez a.

NDT Inspector
Refineria Panama,S.A. (TEXACO),
Algeria,
Joined Dec 1999
02:03 Nov-07-2001
UT flaw detector

HI friends.

I´m needing information about the trics of calibration in UT equipment.....Can someone help me about that? Have someone information about procedures of calibration in UT equipment?

I´ll appreciate you all data tha you send me.

Regards and thanks a lot friends.

William Blum
William Blum
08:27 Nov-07-2001
Re: UT flaw detector
There are a number of ways to calibrate your instrument. Often the applicable specification (e.g. ASME Section V, AWS D1.1) defines the requirements and techniques for calibration.

NDT Consulting Group Inc. can assist you in establishing your calibration and examination procedures. Please visit www.ndt-cgi.com to review our service and the procedures we have available.

William E. Blum
Managing Director
Bright Technical Services Inc.
www.brighttechnical.com
wblum@brightechnical.com
USA Toll Free evoice mail and fax 1-877-638-2441
USA eVoice Mail and Fax +1-214-853-5131
Sweden +46-42-14 39 99

: HI friends.
: I´m needing information about the trics of calibration in UT equipment.....Can someone help me about that? Have someone information about procedures of calibration in UT equipment?
: I´ll appreciate you all data tha you send me.
: Regards and thanks a lot friends.
:

Dave Wilkes
Dave Wilkes
08:47 Nov-07-2001
Re: UT flaw detector
The link below will show you how to calibrate
angle probes.

Product Spotlight

IRIS 9000Plus - Introducing the next generation of heat exchanger inspection.

Representing the seventh generation of the IRIS system, the IRIS 9000 Plus has nearly 200 years of c
ombined field inspection experience incorporated in its design. This experience combined with a strong commitment to quality and a history of innovation has made Iris Inspection Services® the undisputed leader in IRIS technology.
>

FD800 Bench Top Flaw Detectors

The bench-top FD800 flaw detector range combines state-of-the-art flaw detection with advanced mater
ial thickness capabilities. Designed for use in the laboratory these gauges are the tool you need for all your flaw detecting needs.
>

Teletest Focus+

Teletest Focus+ electronics have superior capabilities than rivals on the market. Beyond the usual
test features, Focus+ has 24 transmit channels and 24 receive channels, with an additional on-board switching capabilities. The instrument's frequency range is 10–300 kHz.
>

FMC/TFM

Next generation for Phased Array UT is here now with FMC/TFM! Have higher resolution imaging, impr
oved signal to noise ratio, characterize, size and analyze defects better with access to several wave mode views and save raw FMC data for higher quality analysis.  Some of the benefits are:
  • Beautiful Image! Easier to understand what you're looking at
  • Completely focused in entire image or volume
  • Much easier to define setups before inspection
  • Easier to decipher geometry echoes from real defects
  • Oriented defects (e.g. cracks) are imaged better
  • See image from different wave modes from one FMC inspection
  • FMC data can be reprocessed/analyzed without going back to the field
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window