where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Control of welding parameters with eddy current
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

06:59 Nov-14-2001
Omid Ghorbanian
Control of welding parameters with eddy current

: Dear colleagues,

we have a weldeing(MIG/MAG) robot(in amirkabir university of technology-tehran-iran) and we would like to control it with eddy current response.
therfore we would like to make an overview of manner "automatic welding with on-line inspection
of eddy current" so that The operating welding variables affect the working of the process,
and can be adjusted during the welding operation i.e.: intensity I, voltage U, welding speed V
,distance between electrode and workpice etc. etc. are adjasted automaticaly (as for the
eddy current response)for production weld with the best quality. (welding parameters are chosen
to match the strength and toughness mechanical properties)

What are the main factors involved and roughly how much variations can these factors
be expected to cause?

: : what is the influence of welding parameters (such as intensity I, voltage U,
welding speed V,distance between electrode and workpice etc. etc.) with eddy current signal?

: : what is the influence of weld quality (shch as toughness and strength etc.) with
eddy current signal?

: : Does you have experience with such factors?

: : Does you know existing literature or website with a proper covering of this subject?

: : I am especially looking forward to replies relevant to control of automatic welding
parameters with eddy current in ferromagnetic steel type.

thank you

: :omid ghorbanian

03:13 Apr-24-2002
Angel Taboada
Re: Control of welding parameters with eddy current Hello, I'm very interesting on this aplication, how can I get more information

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|