where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

GB Inspection Systems Ltd.
A leading UK manufacturer of Ultrasonic Probes, Accessories, Supplier of NDT Equipment and more.
Technical Discussions
Chris
Chris
04:35 Nov-22-2001
Thermography certification

I'm looking for some kind of legal certification for level 1 or 2 thermographer. ASNT only has level 3 certification, and canadian CGSB doen't have anything for thermography. Does anybody know of any other country who might have a goverment approve certification in that field. (Example of non goverment approve certification AIRT)

Ed Trotter
Ed Trotter
08:50 Nov-23-2001
Re: Thermography certification
: I'm looking for some kind of legal certification for level 1 or 2 thermographer. ASNT only has level 3 certification, and canadian CGSB doen't have anything for thermography. Does anybody know of any other country who might have a goverment approve certification in that field. (Example of non goverment approve certification AIRT)
You can find what you are looking for in ASNT's Recommended Practice SNT-TC-1A 1992 or 1996 Editions. They started addressing Thermal/Infrared Testing (TIR) in 1992.They also include a recommended training course outline. It is available on CD-Rom from www.asnt.org

Chris
Chris
09:07 Nov-23-2001
: : I'm looking for some kind of legal certification for level 1 or 2 thermographer. ASNT only has level 3 certification, and canadian CGSB doen't have anything for thermography. Does anybody know of any other country who might have a goverment approve certification in that field. (Example of non goverment approve certification AIRT)
: .
: You can find what you are looking for in ASNT's Recommended Practice SNT-TC-1A 1992 or 1996 Editions. They started addressing Thermal/Infrared Testing (TIR) in 1992.They also include a recommended training course outline. It is available on CD-Rom from www.asnt.org
.Thanks Ed, are you sure ASNT has level 1 and 2 certification, because the person I contacted at ASNT told me they only had level 3 certification for thermography.

Dave Davies
Dave Davies
02:22 Nov-24-2001
: : : I'm looking for some kind of legal certification for level 1 or 2 thermographer. ASNT only has level 3 certification, and canadian CGSB doen't have anything for thermography. Does anybody know of any other country who might have a goverment approve certification in that field. (Example of non goverment approve certification AIRT)
: : .
: : You can find what you are looking for in ASNT's Recommended Practice SNT-TC-1A 1992 or 1996 Editions. They started addressing Thermal/Infrared Testing (TIR) in 1992.They also include a recommended training course outline. It is available on CD-Rom from www.asnt.org
: .Thanks Ed, are you sure ASNT has level 1 and 2 certification, because the person I contacted at ASNT told me they only had level 3 certification for thermography.
I think that there is a misunderstanding here. ASNT list Thermography in the SNT-TC-1A document as Level I, II and III. This is, however, for company certification. I think that some form of independent certification is askedfor, and for this ASNT itself only offers Level III certification.
I would suggest going to the manufacturers of the equipment, if anyone knows who certifies personnel, they should.
Good Luck

Mike Young
Mike Young
01:04 Nov-28-2001
: : I'm looking for some kind of legal certification for level 1 or 2 thermographer. ASNT only has level 3 certification, and canadian CGSB doen't have anything for thermography. Does anybody know of any other country who might have a goverment approve certification in that field. (Example of non goverment approve certification AIRT)
: You can find what you are looking for in ASNT's Recommended Practice SNT-TC-1A 1992 or 1996 Editions. They started addressing Thermal/Infrared Testing (TIR) in 1992.They also include a recommended training course outline. It is available on CD-Rom from www.asnt.org
.Chris, call me at 989-636-4129 and I'll be happy to discuss options with you. There are a number of great training resources available here in the US for IR. I believe there's one in B.C.

Mike Sharlon
Mike Sharlon
02:04 Feb-02-2002
: : : : I'm looking for some kind of legal certification for level 1 or 2 thermographer. ASNT only has level 3 certification, and canadian CGSB doen't have anything for thermography. Does anybody know of any other country who might have a goverment approve certification in that field. (Example of non goverment approve certification AIRT)
: : : .
: : : You can find what you are looking for in ASNT's Recommended Practice SNT-TC-1A 1992 or 1996 Editions. They started addressing Thermal/Infrared Testing (TIR) in 1992.They also include a recommended training course outline. It is available on CD-Rom from www.asnt.org
: : .Thanks Ed, are you sure ASNT has level 1 and 2 certification, because the person I contacted at ASNT told me they only had level 3 certification for thermography.
: I think that there is a misunderstanding here. ASNT list Thermography in the SNT-TC-1A document as Level I, II and III. This is, however, for company certification. I think that some form of independent certification is asked for, and for this ASNT itself only offers Level III certification.
: I would suggest going to the manufacturers of the equipment, if anyone knows who certifies personnel, they should.
: Good Luck
.Look up www.irinfo.org. This site lists most of the top training institutions avaialable for what constitutes certification in this skill. To date, actual certification in Level I and II is provided by independent companies like Infraspection Institute or manufacturer like Flir's academy of Infrared. Most of these sources will site use of ASNT's "recommended Practices" mentioned previously. You sound like you are looking for credentials recognized in industry and court (i.e. substantiating expert witness classification). These organizations provide what you may be looking for because Thermography has not been directly addressed as a practicing (Levels I & II) NDT science by any one standards organization. There is much more on this subject than can be gone into in this forum. Plus it is ,as might be expected, a somewhat controversial subject, at least for those practicing it.

Product Spotlight

IRIS 9000Plus - Introducing the next generation of heat exchanger inspection.

Representing the seventh generation of the IRIS system, the IRIS 9000 Plus has nearly 200 years of c
ombined field inspection experience incorporated in its design. This experience combined with a strong commitment to quality and a history of innovation has made Iris Inspection Services® the undisputed leader in IRIS technology.
>

NEW! The PragmaPro Instrument Platform

The PragmaPro is based on a modular cartridge technology and supports various NDT instrument modal
ities such as UT, PAUT, ECT and many more. This new platform is based on a machined, powder-coated aluminum frame for shock-proofness, best sealing qualities and maximum heat dissipation. This is practical to extend the outdoor temperature range and/or to extend the power injected in the transducers. The PragmaPro is aiming at a very wide range of applications, such as weld scanning, corrosion mapping and composite testing.
>

Webinar: A better way to inspect for surface and sub-surface cracking

Zetec to host webinar November 7 on a better way to inspect for surface and sub-surface cracking. In
this webinar, we will introduce a better method that offers industry-leading portability and flexibility, while delivering exceptional flaw detection. The webinar will review and demonstrate how this solution can be applied across numerous inspection applications. Register today!
>

Ultrasonic tomograph for imaging of concrete structures А1040 MIRA

Applicable for concrete inspection allowing imaging of the internal structure of objects from conc
rete, reinforced concrete, different stones. The operation applies pulse-echo technique at one-side access to the object. The instrument is feasible for concrete inspection for searching conduct ducts, conduits, detection of foreign inclusions, holes, honeycombing, cracks and other concrete defects.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window