where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
New test results according US or AE on sandwich structures
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

00:58 Dec-03-2001

Thomas Wulf

Consultant
FORCE Institute,
Denmark,
Joined Dec 2001
New test results according US or AE on sandwich structures

Dear All

I am searching for informations about the State-of-the-art of Ultrasonic and Acoustic inspections techniques specially on thick sandwich panels (GFRP/CFRP skins and Balsa/PVC cores). Anyone aware of any new realeased reports, new results or new informations of any kind that is related to this subject the last two-three years?
Thanking you in anticipation I will look forward to hear from you soon.

Best regards

Thomas Wulf
FORCE Institute

01:18 Dec-03-2001

Godfrey Hands

Engineering,
PRI Nadcap,
United Kingdom,
Joined Nov 1998
Re: New test results according US or AE on sandwich structures : Dear All
: I am searching for informations about the State-of-the-art of Ultrasonic and Acoustic inspections techniques specially on thick sandwich panels (GFRP/CFRP skins and Balsa/PVC cores). Anyone aware of any new realeased reports, new results or new informations of any kind that is related to this subject the last two-three years?
: Thanking you in anticipation I will look forward to hear from you soon.
: Best regards
: Thomas Wulf
: FORCE Institute

Dear Thomas,
My company markets the Quasar International Resonant Inspection equipment, manufactured in USA.
This is a very high tech version of acoustic testing, capable of extending to the Megahertz range of frequencies, and with very powerful compensation algorithms to compensate for many variables that limit the acoustic technique.
Contact me on Godfrey@hands-ndt.co.uk, or look at our web site www.hands-ndt.co.uk or that or Quasar www.quasarintl.com

05:57 Dec-03-2001

Christophe Mattei

Consultant
Exova AB, NDT Dpt.,
Sweden,
Joined Jan 2001
Re: New test results according US or AE on sandwich structures Dear Thomas,

The NDE team at CSM Materialteknik (SAAB Aerospace Group, Linköping , Sweden) has a long experience in testing of GFRP sandwich structures with resonnance, MIA, US, Acoustic emission , X-ray and shearography. Our activities range from production testing to development of new techniques and applications. Don't hesitate to contact us if you want to discuss further the matter with us.

Best regards,

Christophe Mattei
NDE, Ultrasonics, Acoustics.

CSM Materialteknik AB.
Box 1340, SE-581 13 Linköping, Sweden.
Phone: (46)-13-16-91-71
Mobil: (46)-708-89-66-59
Fax: (46)- 13-16-90-00
http://www.csm.se

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|