where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

PBP Optel sp. z o.o.
Weare searching new ways - in ultrasonic techniques- in creation of new productsUltrasonic instruments - Ultrasonic Testing Card

Technical Discussions
Peter Rost
Peter Rost
06:13 Dec-17-2001
X-ray tube for RT-inspection of heat exchanger welds

Dear colleagues,

I`m looking for a x-ray tube for RT-welding inspection of heat exchanger tubes welded in the tube plate.
The dimension of the tubes are appr. 10 to 50 mm in diameter and 1 to 6 mm in wall-thickness.
I need a special X-ray tube to do the weld inspction from inside to outside of the tube to inspect the tube weld.
Do aou have any informations?

P. Rost

Dent McIntyre
Consultant, NDE Manager NDELevel III/3
NDT Consultant, Canada, Joined Nov 1998, 248

Dent McIntyre

Consultant, NDE Manager NDELevel III/3
NDT Consultant,
Canada,
Joined Nov 1998
05:00 Dec-18-2001
Re: X-ray tube for RT-inspection of heat exchanger welds
You should also consider Isotopes for this requirement. Yb 169 or SE 75 may be alternatives. There are some suppliers out there that have developed special fixtures for the tube to tubesheet welds you describe.

: Dear colleagues,
: I`m looking for a x-ray tube for RT-welding inspection of heat exchanger tubes welded in the tube plate.
: The dimension of the tubes are appr. 10 to 50 mm in diameter and 1 to 6 mm in wall-thickness.
: I need a special X-ray tube to do the weld inspction from inside to outside of the tube to inspect the tube weld.
: Do aou have any informations?
: P. Rost

Product Spotlight

I&T Nardoni

NDT, RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT OF NEW METHODOLOGY, TRAINING CENTER I&T NARDON INSTITUTE was idiated
in 1988 by Giuseppe Nardoni, now president and owner of the company, based on his multi-annual and international experience in the field of NDT.
>

NEW - TD Focus-ScanRX

The NEW Next Generation Advanced UT platform, TD Focus ScanRX - Also available as a card stack solut
ion. Key Improvements 1. Data acquisition is significantly faster than current design 2. Better aesthetic – closely aligns with HandyScan RX 3. Improved IP rating (Target IP66) 4. Ruggedized housing 5. Connectors are protected from impact and ingress 6. Integrated stand and separate retractable handle easy to keep clean) 7. Touchscreen with ruggedized display glass 8. 3-Axis encoder input
>

Alpha Pro Digital Radiography System

The Alpha Pro digital X-ray system is the ideal system for your NDT \r\nneeds, as it offers amazin
g 16 bit images which enable the highest \r\nlevel of detection and identification of hairline cracks. While weighing only 3kg (6.6lbs), this panel has the largest imaging area: 35 X 43 cm (14X17 in).
>

Varex Imaging Large Field of View (FOV) Digital Detector Arrays (DDAs)

A larger FOV DDA can reduce the space and volume of the X-ray inspection system on the factory floor
, enable faster scanning times, better throughput and better resolution images at a lower dose. Customers can also save time and money. With these benefits in mind, Varex Imaging has designed a family of large FOV detectors (4343HE, XRD 1611, 4343DX-I, 4343CT) for our industrial imaging customers.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window