where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
Peter Rost
Peter Rost
06:13 Dec-17-2001
X-ray tube for RT-inspection of heat exchanger welds

Dear colleagues,

I`m looking for a x-ray tube for RT-welding inspection of heat exchanger tubes welded in the tube plate.
The dimension of the tubes are appr. 10 to 50 mm in diameter and 1 to 6 mm in wall-thickness.
I need a special X-ray tube to do the weld inspction from inside to outside of the tube to inspect the tube weld.
Do aou have any informations?

P. Rost

Dent McIntyre
Consultant, NDE Manager NDELevel III/3
NDT Consultant, Canada, Joined Nov 1998, 248

Dent McIntyre

Consultant, NDE Manager NDELevel III/3
NDT Consultant,
Canada,
Joined Nov 1998
05:00 Dec-18-2001
Re: X-ray tube for RT-inspection of heat exchanger welds
You should also consider Isotopes for this requirement. Yb 169 or SE 75 may be alternatives. There are some suppliers out there that have developed special fixtures for the tube to tubesheet welds you describe.

: Dear colleagues,
: I`m looking for a x-ray tube for RT-welding inspection of heat exchanger tubes welded in the tube plate.
: The dimension of the tubes are appr. 10 to 50 mm in diameter and 1 to 6 mm in wall-thickness.
: I need a special X-ray tube to do the weld inspction from inside to outside of the tube to inspect the tube weld.
: Do aou have any informations?
: P. Rost

Product Spotlight

NDT Master Lecturer

In the program both university professors and practitioners will give lectures, which guarantees the
oretical depth and practical inside. Academic Director: Prof. Dr. Christian Boller
The following lecturers are not complete: Prof. Tadeusz Stepinski, Prof. Wieslaw Staszewski, Prof. Frank Walther, Prof. Giovanni Bruno, Prof. Gerd Dobmann, Prof. Philippe Guy
>

XRHRobotStar

In high volume industries like automotive the requirement for a hundred percent X-ray inspection c
reates a bottleneck in the production. The XRHRobotStar is a fully Automated Defect Recognition (ADR) capable robot-system that allows an ultra-fast in-line inspection.
>

Wireless TOFD scanner

Quick, accurate and highly reproducible welds testing. The System operates wirelessly and is compat
ible with any type of Windows based Laptop, Desktop or Tablet.
>

NEOS III

NEOS III is Logos Imagings lightest DR system. With a built-in battery and internal wireless commu
nication, the NEOS III is perfect for users that want to quickly assess an item.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window