where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Railway optimal fequency
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

00:52 Jan-04-2002

Rui Maia

Student
Instituto Superior Tecnico,
Portugal,
Joined Jan 2002
Railway optimal fequency

Hello dear friends,

I'm a undergraduate student of Instituto Superior Tecnico at Lisbon, Portugal. Currently I'm doing some research on railway ultrasonic properties. I would like to know if someone could help me whrere to find some articles/books or literature in general about railway acoustic trasmission, best transducers, atenuation properties of rails, optimal transmision frequency and / or mathematical expressions for this themes. Also I would like to know if there is any kind of software that can simulate acoustic transmissions on materials.

Thank you very much for your attention,

Rui Maia

01:02 Jan-04-2002

Philippe Guevremont

Engineering
Earth Tech Canada Inc.,
Canada,
Joined Jan 2002
Re: Railway optimal fequency Hello Rui,

I'm not aware of any software that can accurately model acoustic emissions in materials under stress. However, for simulating wavefields in solids I refer you to the program Wave2000 Pro from Cyber Logic in NYC. Point your browser to www.cyberlogic.org.

Regards

Philippe Guevremont, P.Eng., M.Eng.

: Hello dear friends,
: I'm a undergraduate student of Instituto Superior Tecnico at Lisbon, Portugal. Currently I'm doing some research on railway ultrasonic properties. I would like to know if someone could help me whrere to find some articles/books or literature in general about railway acoustic trasmission, best transducers, atenuation properties of rails, optimal transmision frequency and / or mathematical expressions for this themes. Also I would like to know if there is any kind of software that can simulate acoustic transmissions on materials.
: Thank you very much for your attention,
: Rui Maia

05:02 Jan-04-2002

Tom Nelligan

Engineering,
retired,
USA,
Joined Nov 1998
Re: Railway optimal fequency There's a lengthy and detailed section on railway applications of ultrasonic NDT in the "Nondestructive Testing Handbook", volume 7 (Ultrasonic Testing), published by the American Society of Nondestructive Testing. If you can't find it in a technical library, the book can pe purchased from ASNT at .

--Tom Nelligan

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|