where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Volume Graphics GmbH
Leading industrial companies around the world look for defects in their products using Volume Graphics software.

Technical Discussions
Rui Maia
Student
Instituto Superior Tecnico, Portugal, Joined Jan 2002, 1

Rui Maia

Student
Instituto Superior Tecnico,
Portugal,
Joined Jan 2002
00:52 Jan-04-2002
Railway optimal fequency

Hello dear friends,

I'm a undergraduate student of Instituto Superior Tecnico at Lisbon, Portugal. Currently I'm doing some research on railway ultrasonic properties. I would like to know if someone could help me whrere to find some articles/books or literature in general about railway acoustic trasmission, best transducers, atenuation properties of rails, optimal transmision frequency and / or mathematical expressions for this themes. Also I would like to know if there is any kind of software that can simulate acoustic transmissions on materials.

Thank you very much for your attention,

Rui Maia

Philippe Guevremont
Engineering
Earth Tech Canada Inc., Canada, Joined Jan 2002, 2

Philippe Guevremont

Engineering
Earth Tech Canada Inc.,
Canada,
Joined Jan 2002
01:02 Jan-04-2002
Re: Railway optimal fequency
Hello Rui,

I'm not aware of any software that can accurately model acoustic emissions in materials under stress. However, for simulating wavefields in solids I refer you to the program Wave2000 Pro from Cyber Logic in NYC. Point your browser to www.cyberlogic.org.

Regards

Philippe Guevremont, P.Eng., M.Eng.

: Hello dear friends,
: I'm a undergraduate student of Instituto Superior Tecnico at Lisbon, Portugal. Currently I'm doing some research on railway ultrasonic properties. I would like to know if someone could help me whrere to find some articles/books or literature in general about railway acoustic trasmission, best transducers, atenuation properties of rails, optimal transmision frequency and / or mathematical expressions for this themes. Also I would like to know if there is any kind of software that can simulate acoustic transmissions on materials.
: Thank you very much for your attention,
: Rui Maia

Tom Nelligan
Engineering,
retired, USA, Joined Nov 1998, 390

Tom Nelligan

Engineering,
retired,
USA,
Joined Nov 1998
05:02 Jan-04-2002
Re: Railway optimal fequency
There's a lengthy and detailed section on railway applications of ultrasonic NDT in the "Nondestructive Testing Handbook", volume 7 (Ultrasonic Testing), published by the American Society of Nondestructive Testing. If you can't find it in a technical library, the book can pe purchased from ASNT at .

--Tom Nelligan

Product Spotlight

Alpha Pro Digital Radiography System

The Alpha Pro digital X-ray system is the ideal system for your NDT \r\nneeds, as it offers amazin
g 16 bit images which enable the highest \r\nlevel of detection and identification of hairline cracks. While weighing only 3kg (6.6lbs), this panel has the largest imaging area: 35 X 43 cm (14X17 in).
>

Trade-In Offer

We are offering our existing clients trade-in against Wavemaker® G3 systems, Standard (Blue) inflat
able rings and modules for excellent deals on the latest Wavemaker® G4mini system.
>

Echomac® PA Rail Wheel Tester

MAC introduces two versions of Rail Wheel Testers using ECHOMAC® PA platform based on customer requ
irements.
>

NDT Master Lecturer

In the program both university professors and practitioners will give lectures, which guarantees the
oretical depth and practical inside. Academic Director: Prof. Dr. Christian Boller
The following lecturers are not complete: Prof. Tadeusz Stepinski, Prof. Wieslaw Staszewski, Prof. Frank Walther, Prof. Giovanni Bruno, Prof. Gerd Dobmann, Prof. Philippe Guy
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window
s