where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
non destructive analysis of interfacial decohesion in layered thin coatings
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

00:26 Jan-08-2002

Vasco Teixeira

R & D, coatings production and inspection, stress analysi
University of Minho - Physics Centre,
Portugal,
Joined Feb 2000
non destructive analysis of interfacial decohesion in layered thin coatings

Dear NDT coolleagues

I am looking for researchers that have been using NDT techniques to study adherence problems in thin films and coatings (for protective and decorative applications). Namely, the micro defects and decohesion at interfaces between a coating and substrate (or within one interface of multilayered coatings).

I will appreciate very much information on the techniques used, papers published and experience.

Thanks

Wishes of an Happy New Year.

Vasco Teixeira

05:58 Jan-08-2002
Richard Kazares
Re: non destructive analysis of interfacial decohesion in layered thin coatings We have applied High Frequency UT to measure the adherance of thin film materials to a variety of substrates. Our UltraWin software has a semi-automated Bond Analysis function to aid in the rapid interpretation (e.g. Go-No Go type) of C-Scan imaging data from just such material bonding issues.

I will also forward you (to your e-mail) a copy of an applications study detailing this type of work and capabilities - hope it helps you.

Richard Kazares

----------------------------------
Dear NDT coolleagues
: I am looking for researchers that have been using NDT techniques to study adherence problems in thin films and coatings (for protective and decorative applications). Namely, the micro defects and decohesion at interfaces between a coating and substrate (or within one interface of multilayered coatings).
: I will appreciate very much information on the techniques used, papers published and experience.
: Thanks
: Wishes of an Happy New Year.
: Vasco Teixeira

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|