where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
anyone can help me?
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

Acoustic Emission Consulting, Inc.
Acoustic Emission Consulting, Inc. specializes in the design of small portable AE instruments for field and lab use.

06:07 Jan-19-2002

Diba Abinama

anyone can help me?

Dear members,
I need a answer for the followings:
What are the differences between multifrequency eddycurrent with single frequency one?
Does the MFEC use of many single frequencies (i.e. 8 frequencies) , or use of a spectrum of frequencies?

Thank you for your help.

01:43 Jan-19-2002

Joe Buckley

Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT,
United Kingdom,
Joined Oct 1999
Re: anyone can help me? : Dear members,
: I need a answer for the followings:
: What are the differences between multifrequency eddycurrent with single frequency one?
: Does the MFEC use of many single frequencies (i.e. 8 frequencies) , or use of a spectrum of frequencies?
: Thank you for your help.

Difference is that you use multiple frequencies to reduce or eliminate interfering effects (e.g Tube support plate signals in the most basic application)

Normally two or more (about 4 is the most common) discrete frequencies are used.) Either simultaneous or multiplexed.

Alternatively (e.g for material property assessment) a succession of tests may be done at different freqencies (effectively a 'sweep') to give a complete picture of the reponse. This is normally only done with 'semi-static' tests

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|