where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
AE for AST Leak Testing
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

09:22 Jan-23-2002
Michael Wegscheid
AE for AST Leak Testing

All

Any data, results, expierience with AE for Leak testing of ASTs with FRP floor Liners.
MDL, threshholds, Limitations,

06:58 Jan-24-2002
Jens Forker
Re: AE for AST Leak Testing Dear Mr Wegscheid,

I suggest to contact
Mr Tscheliesnig (tsc@tuev.or.at) and/or
Mr Balmer (MTIIreland@aol.com).
They should be able to provide the information you are looking for.

Best regards
Jens Forker

: All
: Any data, results, expierience with AE for Leak testing of ASTs with FRP floor Liners.
: MDL, threshholds, Limitations,

06:07 Feb-19-2002

John O'Brien

Consultant, -
Chevron ETC ,
USA,
Joined Jan 2000
Re: AE for AST Leak Testing We have extensive experience particularly with large diameter crude oil storage tanks with FRP/GRP liners typically up to 4 mm thickness.

You need to be sure that personnel testing these tanks have experience in the direct application as liners do affect threshold signals and data analysis. We have prove up data of providers.

Also you should be cautious - leaks in a GRP lined tank are not a common problem as the liner often serves as a leak containment barrier even if substantial metal thickness below the liner has corroded away.

Be cautious also with leaks in crude oil tanks. AE signal origin has to be considered as does time of monitoring. Sludge often temporarily blocks holes making leak signal appear and disappear.

For more data contact me direct.

07:28 Dec-31-2002
Kamola Zygmunt
Re: AE for AST Leak Testing :
: Any data, results, expierience with AE for Leak testing of ASTs with FRP floor Liners.
:

08:49 Jan-08-2003
Jens Forker
Re: AE for AST Leak Testing Dear Mr Zygmunt,

If you provide me your address I could bring you in touch with customers that have a lot of experience with AE testing of ASTs.
Please reply to sales@vallen.de
regards
Jens Forker

: :
: : Any data, results, expierience with AE for Leak testing of ASTs with FRP floor Liners.
: :

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|