where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Inspection of rails
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

Sonotron NDT
Original developer and manufacturer of advanced ultrasonic instruments

03:35 Jan-24-2002
TQCC
Inspection of rails

Please inform us also about in-service ultrasonic inspection of rails (techniques and equipment).

03:10 Jan-24-2002
Douglas Lutz
Re: Inspection of rails : Please inform us also about in-service ultrasonic inspection of rails (techniques and equipment).
.AgfaNDT/Krautkramer offers a model SPG2 Rail Inspection Trolley that incorporates a USM Series portable ultrasonic flaw detector along with two angle beam probes and a dual element probe for scanning of rails. The model USN 50L portable flaw detector is also used in conjuction with wheel probes by large Rail Inspection Service companies in the U.S.

01:08 Jan-25-2002
Don Searle
Re: Inspection of rails : Please inform us also about in-service ultrasonic inspection of rails (techniques and equipment).
.We are a player in the world wide implimentation of rail integrity systems and details can be obtained from our website www.pndt.com.au see rail in the bulletin board

03:40 Feb-06-2002
Peter Philipp

Guided Ultrasonics (Rail) is a Subsidiary of Guided Ultrasonics Ltd. and is presently testing a pre production unit for testing rails.

This new system of testing is a development from the very successful Wavemaker pipe screening system which uses lamb waves to allow long range ultrasonic testing. The entire rail is screened over many tens of metres in each direction from a single location.

Testing rails is more complex than pipe testing mainly because of the geometry so all aspects of the equipment have had to be specifically designed for this application.

The indications are that long distances of rail will be able to be tested from one location with sensitivity that will identify the types of defect required for safe operation including checks on the welds.

07:55 Feb-07-2002
Ron Mahler
Our company, ScanMaster Systems installed an in service high speed rail inspection systems, testing speed up to 100 Km/hr, at full multi channel performance with 16 programmable gates and real time evaluation of flaws from B-scan images, high resolution and sensitivity. A smaller system for multi purposed car or a towed systems are available as well.

01:21 Nov-02-2002
gord
Re: Inspection of rails can you help me
do your company know of any addresses of inspection companies who employ ultrasonic rail flaw operators
if so,would you please email me any information that may be of interest to me

thanks

gordon adamson

01:39 Nov-03-2002

Bob Cully

Engineering
Ardrox Engineering,
United Kingdom,
Joined Sep 2002
Re: Inspection of rails Dear Gordon,
This may not be much help, but I'm sure AEAT (Atomic Energy Authority Technology) are involved in NDT of rails (don't know if its ultrasonic though), and they're based out at Cullum, Oxfordshire. Sorry I've got no links. Good Luck!

00:36 Nov-03-2002

Joe Buckley, Sonatest PLc

Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT,
United Kingdom,
Joined Oct 1999
Re: Inspection of rails Where are you?
There are people inspecting rails all over the world.
Most places its carried out by the Rail operators, or at least by contractors working for them.

Joe

: can you help me
: do your company know of any addresses of inspection companies who employ ultrasonic rail flaw operators
: if so,would you please email me any information that may be of interest to me
: thanks
: gordon adamson

03:42 Nov-04-2002
Surendra Singh
Re: Inspection of rails One of my freinds forwarded me this note. We at Sperry test rails worldwide. With more than 70 years of experience in the rail testing, we offers an excellent source for any jobs in the rail testing. With our state-of-art technology, we can test rails using moving vehicles at speed ranging from 17 MPH to 30 MPH or even higher.

Let me know what you are looking for. We have a group of special testing staffs that test rails using a portable units.

Thanks
Surendra

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|