where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
Dan Martin
Dan Martin
03:19 Jan-27-2002
NDT Promotional Material

A 'Skills Festival' is to take place at the Town Hall in Cheltenham, UK, in mid-February. The aim of the Festival is to advertise various areas of engineering to school students aged 15 to 16.

My organisation, Messier-Dowty wish to promote NDT and its importance to industry. We will be displaying some ultrasonics equipment which the students can use to find defects in some test pieces.

We also have some basic photographs and a couple of wallcharts on such areas as NDT Ultrasonics and Eddy Current but we would love to promote other areas such as Magnetic Flaw Detect, Liquid Penetrant and Stresscan plus others.

If you have any promotional material you could send to help promote this area of engineering, please contact myself or despatch any material to:

Dan Martin
Messier-Dowty Limited
Cheltenham Road East
Gloucester
Gloucestershire
GL2 9QH
England, UK

dan.martin@messier-dowty.org

Dave Wilkes
Dave Wilkes
09:07 Jan-28-2002
Re: NDT Promotional Material
Dan

Promotion of the role of NDT is vital to our industry
receiving the recognition its deserves.

I am more than happy to provide you with a copy of the
ProbeMaster UT simulation programme for your use at
this show.

ProbeMaster will allow your visitors to understand
Ultrasonics by showing them what is actually
happening to the ultrasonic signal.

I will contact you directly if I may.

Regards

Dave Wilkes

More details on ProbeMaster can be found at:

http://www.ndtcabin.com/pbm/pbindex.asp

Product Spotlight

Conformable wedge transducer

The conformability is obtained with a flexible membrane filled with water between the transducer and
the inspected component. The coupling between the membrane and the component requires a small quantity of water or couplant. The conformable wedge combines the acoustic performance of immersion technique with good coupling and low attenuation.
>

High-performance Linear Phased Array Probes

Available to order from stock in a range of 5MHz – 7.5MHz and from 16 to 64 elements. Designed w
ith piezo-composite elements, Phoenix phased array probes provide high-resolution imaging to maximise sensitivity; accurate ultrasonic detection and sizing of defects in welds; and effective corrosion mapping. Housed in a rugged stainless steel case for on-site industrial NDT applications.
>

EKOSCAN Phased Array

In order to always fit your needs, EKOSCAN can manufacture any type of UT transducer, either convent
ional or Phased Array. As an ISO 9001: 2015 certified company, EKOSCAN is extremely careful as far a material selection and manufacturing processes are concerned. Our probes guarantee our customers the benefits of latest innovations regarding piezo-composite, backing, impedance adaptation layer, etc. Specific probes for hostile environment: high temperature, high pressure, corrosive environment,etc. Specific probes designed to fit your specific application: optimization of every parameter to guarantee you the best detection.
>

Echomac® Small

Available with up to eight channels of electronics to detect and evaluate thickness, flaws and eccen
tricity, this UT tester is housed in a convenient, smaller cabinet. This instrument can be used in conjunction with bubbler or immersion tank systems, or with a test bench or in laboratory applications. The Echomac® Small is available in the FD4, FD6 or FD6A versions.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window