where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

NDTSS - Non Destructive Testing Society of Singapore
Come & join the membership of NDTSS, Gain access to international developments.
Technical Discussions
EVA GONZALEZ
EVA GONZALEZ
07:45 Feb-05-2002
Equivalence between EN4179 and SNT-TC-1A

Sorry if the question seems to be obvious but I am quite new in this business:I have an inspector qualified by ASNT SNT-TC-1A but Joint aviation regulation-145 (JAR-145) tells me to be qualified against EN 4179. Which are the differences? On aviation industry, Could it be considered equivant?.
Thanks in adavance.
Best reagards

I have corrected my e-mail address....

Dave Wilkes
Dave Wilkes
08:25 Feb-06-2002
Re: Equivalence between EN4179 and SNT-TC-1A
No need to apologise Eva, those of us who have been in
this industry for many years, are still trying to understand the various qualification schemes and their
equivalences.

My first thoughts would be that your ASNT operator would not be EN 4173 approved, unless he had attended
and qualified on a EN 4173 approved course.

But the final say is normally with your client who in
most instances can choose to accept alternative
qualifications.

There is an article on EN 4173 on this website that
you might find useful.

http://www.ndt.net/article/ecndt98/aero/056/056.htm

Regards

Dave Wilkes
Asst Editor
www.ndtcabin.com "The internet magazine for ndt professionals"

Udo Schlengermann
Consultant, -
Standards Consulting, Germany, Joined Nov 1998, 182

Udo Schlengermann

Consultant, -
Standards Consulting,
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
04:21 Feb-06-2002
Re: Equivalence between EN4179 and SNT-TC-1A
Reply by Udo Schlengermann:

this is only to give the correct document titles:

The question is related to the following standards:

1. ASNT-TC-1A (2001)
Recommended Practice (guideline for employers to establish their own written practice for the qualification and certification of NDT personnel.

2. ANSI/ASNT-CP-189 (1995)
Standard for qualification and certification of nondestructive testing personnel.

3. EN 4179 (2000)
Aerospace series - Qualification and approval of personnel for nondestructive testing.

4. EN 473 (1993)
Qualification and certification of NDT personnel.

5. ISO 9712 (1992)
Nondestructive testing - Qualification and certification of personnel.

Kind regards
Udo Schlengermann
Agfa NDT GmbH
Robert-Bosch-Strasse 3
D-50354 Hürth
Tel.+49 (0) 2233-601-550
Fax +49 (0) 2233-601-402
email uschlengermann@krautkramer.de
~~~

: Sorry if the question seems to be obvious but I am quite new in this business:I have an inspector qualified by ASNT SNT-TC-1A but Joint aviation regulation-145 (JAR-145) tells me to be qualified against EN 4179. Which are the differences? On aviation industry, Could it be considered equivant?.
: Thanks in adavance.
: Best reagards
: I have corrected my e-mail address....

Product Spotlight

NDTkit RT

NDTkit RT, TESTIA's Digital Radiography software The NDTkit product line software for X-ray analysi
s. NDTkit RT is a software benefiting from the Ultis kernel which is dedicated to radiographic image analysis. It offers a set of tools and filtering processes to assist RT operators in finding relevant flaws.
>

iProbe - USB Phased Array Probe

Turn your PC, Laptop or Tablet into a powerful 32:64 Phased Array system with our USB powered Phas
ed Array iProbe and inspection software package. Perform affordable weld inspection and corrosion mapping inspections with this powerful but small system. The probe has a 100V pulser, 8K PRF, dual axis encoder input and achieves outstanding signal quality.
>

Immersion systems

ScanMaster ultrasonic immersion systems are designed for high throughput, multi shift operation in a
n industrial or lab environment. These fully integrated systems provide various scanning configurations and incorporate conventional and phased arrays technologies to support diverse applications, such as inspection of disks, bars, shafts, billets and plates. All of ScanMaster immersion systems are built from high accuracy scanning frames allowing for scanning of complex parts and include a multi-channel ultrasonic instrument with exceptional performance. The systems are approved by all major manufacturers for C-scan inspection of jet engine forged discs. Together with a comprehensive set of software modules these flexible series of systems provide the customer with the best price performance solutions.
>

A1525 SOLO

A1525 Solo – the most compact and affordable TMF unit with two phased array transducers and 3D v
isualization and analysis software in standard delivery set. A compact, ergonomic and easy to handheld Phased Array unit based on Total Focusing Method for easy-going imaging of inspection objects with two-dimensional and three-dimensional visualization and evaluation of inspection results.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window