where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

NDTSS - Non Destructive Testing Society of Singapore
Visit us at SINCE 2019
Technical Discussions
EVA GONZALEZ
EVA GONZALEZ
07:45 Feb-05-2002
Equivalence between EN4179 and SNT-TC-1A

Sorry if the question seems to be obvious but I am quite new in this business:I have an inspector qualified by ASNT SNT-TC-1A but Joint aviation regulation-145 (JAR-145) tells me to be qualified against EN 4179. Which are the differences? On aviation industry, Could it be considered equivant?.
Thanks in adavance.
Best reagards

I have corrected my e-mail address....

Dave Wilkes
Dave Wilkes
08:25 Feb-06-2002
Re: Equivalence between EN4179 and SNT-TC-1A
No need to apologise Eva, those of us who have been in
this industry for many years, are still trying to understand the various qualification schemes and their
equivalences.

My first thoughts would be that your ASNT operator would not be EN 4173 approved, unless he had attended
and qualified on a EN 4173 approved course.

But the final say is normally with your client who in
most instances can choose to accept alternative
qualifications.

There is an article on EN 4173 on this website that
you might find useful.

http://www.ndt.net/article/ecndt98/aero/056/056.htm

Regards

Dave Wilkes
Asst Editor
www.ndtcabin.com "The internet magazine for ndt professionals"

Udo Schlengermann
Consultant, -
Standards Consulting, Germany, Joined Nov 1998, 177

Udo Schlengermann

Consultant, -
Standards Consulting,
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
04:21 Feb-06-2002
Re: Equivalence between EN4179 and SNT-TC-1A
Reply by Udo Schlengermann:

this is only to give the correct document titles:

The question is related to the following standards:

1. ASNT-TC-1A (2001)
Recommended Practice (guideline for employers to establish their own written practice for the qualification and certification of NDT personnel.

2. ANSI/ASNT-CP-189 (1995)
Standard for qualification and certification of nondestructive testing personnel.

3. EN 4179 (2000)
Aerospace series - Qualification and approval of personnel for nondestructive testing.

4. EN 473 (1993)
Qualification and certification of NDT personnel.

5. ISO 9712 (1992)
Nondestructive testing - Qualification and certification of personnel.

Kind regards
Udo Schlengermann
Agfa NDT GmbH
Robert-Bosch-Strasse 3
D-50354 Hürth
Tel.+49 (0) 2233-601-550
Fax +49 (0) 2233-601-402
email uschlengermann@krautkramer.de
~~~

: Sorry if the question seems to be obvious but I am quite new in this business:I have an inspector qualified by ASNT SNT-TC-1A but Joint aviation regulation-145 (JAR-145) tells me to be qualified against EN 4179. Which are the differences? On aviation industry, Could it be considered equivant?.
: Thanks in adavance.
: Best reagards
: I have corrected my e-mail address....

Product Spotlight

NEW - TD Focus-ScanRX

The NEW Next Generation Advanced UT platform, TD Focus ScanRX - Also available as a card stack solut
ion. Key Improvements 1. Data acquisition is significantly faster than current design 2. Better aesthetic – closely aligns with HandyScan RX 3. Improved IP rating (Target IP66) 4. Ruggedized housing 5. Connectors are protected from impact and ingress 6. Integrated stand and separate retractable handle easy to keep clean) 7. Touchscreen with ruggedized display glass 8. 3-Axis encoder input
>

FlexoFORM™

The FlexoFORM™ solution integrates flexible phased array probe technology in a scanner to solv
e the challenges that come with inspecting pipe elbows. When combined with a water column, this solution can be used to collect easy-to-interpret data on elbows with diameters ranging from 4.5 in. OD up to flat and offers many benefits.
>

GEKKO - Portable Phased Array Testing with TFM in Real-Time

The portable phased array testing system GEKKO provides 64 parallel test channels. On creating testi
ng parameters the operator is assisted by the CIVA software. Due to its modular set-up the GEKKO instrument is suitable for operators of all skill levels.
>

NovaScope 6000

The all-digital Novascope 6000 is a portable, ultra-high precision thickness gauge for high-speed
thickness measurement. Novascope 6000 has unmatched capabilities and unique features including: •Superior Resolution with high contrast, high-speed color RF display •High pulser voltage •Real-time video output •Increased internal/external data storage •Programmable SetUp features •Battery & AC Powered
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window