where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Chemicals plants- which types are NDT intensive?
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

Vidisco Ltd.
Vidisco Ltd. is the leading designer and manufacturer of state-of-the-art Digital Radiography systems.

03:16 Feb-07-2002
Stephen
Chemicals plants- which types are NDT intensive?

Hi,

I am trying to determine which type of chemical process plants are the largest and / or generate large volumes of NDT work.

I am responsible for finding new markets for our Inspection Management / RBI Software. So far we have mainly found users in the Refining industry, where the plants are obviously large-scale, and my knowledge of the Chemicals industry is somewhat limited.

Thanks for any help,
Stephen.

05:53 Feb-19-2002

John O'Brien

Consultant, -
Chevron ETC ,
USA,
Joined Jan 2000
Re: Chemicals plants- which types are NDT intensive? Any process facility Chemical/Petrochemicals where pressure, temperature and corrosive products occur will tend to use some form of NDT as part of their Asset/Mechanical Integrity program. It may not be as well defined in areas such as RBI as the Refining Industry has led the way on many of the initiatives funded by the Oil & Gas majors. In Europe Chemicals/Petrochemicals has declined in last 20 yaers due to competitive issues. However there is still an extensive customer base its just that many of the names may not be recognisable due to mergers, divestment or rebranding.

Try Chemical Engineer or simply look around many of the major Port Areas, Southampton, Hull, Merseyside, Rotterdam etc. you will soon find them.

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|