where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Charpy bars
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

08:31 Feb-11-2002

Raúl Navarrete

Consultant, teacher ndt inspector
METAL-MET, C.A.,
Venezuela,
Joined Jul 2000
Charpy bars

Dear everyone:

I wonder if someone can help me to find information regarding how to prepare Charpy bars. I need the complete information regarding materials and dimensions, or only dimensions of the bars.

Thanks in advance .

Eng. Raúl Navarrete
Venezuela

09:47 Feb-11-2002

Timothy MacInnis

Senior NDT Engineer
SAIC/Ultra Iamge International,
USA,
Joined Dec 1999
Re: Charpy bars : Dear everyone:
: I wonder if someone can help me to find information regarding how to prepare Charpy bars. I need the complete information regarding materials and dimensions, or only dimensions of the bars.
: Thanks in advance .
: Eng. Raúl Navarrete
: Venezuela
The link i put below has information on the Charpy Test requirements and equipment.
Typically bars are 10mm x 10mm x 54mm.

http://www.umist.ac.uk/~intmic/features/charpy/notes.htm

00:46 Feb-11-2002

Dave Utrata

R & D,
Center for NDE, Iowa State University,
USA,
Joined Feb 2000
Re: Charpy bars Alternately, you can refer to ASTM documentation, as per the following link:
http://www.astm.org/cgi-bin/SoftCart.exe/DATABASE.CART/PAGES/E23.htm?L+mystore+ygpv6257

Yoiu'll note that several subsets of the topic have been addressed, and one of these would surely lead you to the information you request.

Kudos to the other link posted by T. MacInnis, which also discusses the concept and motivation behind such testing.

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|