where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Vallen-Systeme GmbH
The Acoustic Emission Company! Since 1987 Vallen stands for competence and continuity in AE and for reliable business cooperation and support.

Technical Discussions
S S Ananthan
Consultant,
RAA Tech Solutions, India, Joined Jun 2000, 36

S S Ananthan

Consultant,
RAA Tech Solutions,
India,
Joined Jun 2000
05:39 Feb-12-2002
Ultrasonic

I read some interesting articles on the use of Noise anlysis technique for the assessment of creep damage using ultrasonic signals by researcheres from IHI, Japan. HAs omeone else used this technique ? pl comment on the best method to assess the creep damage by ultrasonic signal analysis.

S S Ananthan

henry havrydo
henry havrydo
05:48 Mar-02-2002
Re: Ultrasonic
:
: I read some interesting articles on the use of Noise anlysis technique for the assessment of creep damage using ultrasonic signals by researcheres from IHI, Japan. HAs omeone else used this technique ? pl comment on the best method to assess the creep damage by ultrasonic signal analysis.
: S S Ananthan
and please i want to know detail about it, i need it for my thesis and also i want to try it.
:henry

Dr.G.V.S.Murthy
Dr.G.V.S.Murthy
08:21 Mar-11-2002
: :
: : I read some interesting articles on the use of Noise anlysis technique for the assessment of creep damage using ultrasonic signals by researcheres from IHI, Japan. HAs omeone else used this technique ? pl comment on the best method to assess the creep damage by ultrasonic signal analysis.
: .
: : S S Ananthan
: and please i want to know detail about it, i need it for my thesis and also i want to try it.
: :henry
Yes I have been reading these in the literature. May i request SSAnathan, to please send me the details about the Japanese studies. Some literature is cited in RQNDE.
GVSMurthy

Gerry May
Consultant
Kellogg Brown & Root (Halliburton), USA, Joined Aug 2000, 6

Gerry May

Consultant
Kellogg Brown & Root (Halliburton),
USA,
Joined Aug 2000
06:28 Mar-11-2002
: : : Are you referring to Acoustic Emissions (AE) signal analysis? Or are you refering to some form of Ultrasonic NDE with new signal analysis techniques?

: : : I read some interesting articles on the use of Noise anlysis technique for the assessment of creep damage using ultrasonic signals by researcheres from IHI, Japan. HAs omeone else used this technique ? pl comment on the best method to assess the creep damage by ultrasonic signal analysis.
: : .
: : : S S Ananthan
: : .
: : and please i want to know detail about it, i need it for my thesis and also i want to try it.
: : :henry
: Yes I have been reading these in the literature. May i request SSAnathan, to please send me the details about the Japanese studies. Some literature is cited in RQNDE.
: GVSMurthy

Product Spotlight

NovaScope 6000

The all-digital Novascope 6000 is a portable, ultra-high precision thickness gauge for high-speed
thickness measurement. Novascope 6000 has unmatched capabilities and unique features including: •Superior Resolution with high contrast, high-speed color RF display •High pulser voltage •Real-time video output •Increased internal/external data storage •Programmable SetUp features •Battery & AC Powered
>

NDT.net launches mobile-friendly design

NDT.net has revamped its website providing a mobile-friendly design.The front page received a comp
letely new design and all other sections are now reacting responsively on mobile devices. This has been a major step to make our website more user- friendly.
>

Lyft™: Pulsed Eddy Current Reinvented

PEC Reinvented—CUI Programs Redefined Corrosion under insulation (CUI) is possibly the greatest u
nresolved asset integrity problem in the industry. Current methods for measuring wall thickness with liftoff, without removing insulation, all have severe limitations. Eddyfi introduces Lyft — a reinvented, high-performance pulsed eddy current (PEC) solution. The patent- pending system features a state-of-the-art portable instrument, real- time C-scan imaging, fast data acquisition with grid-mapping and dynamic scanning modes, and flexibility with long cables. It can also scan through thick metal and insulation, as well as aluminum, stainless steel, and galvanized steel weather jackets. Who else but Eddyfi to reinvent an eddy current technique and redefine CUI programs. Got Lyft?
>

Trade-In Offer

We are offering our existing clients trade-in against Wavemaker® G3 systems, Standard (Blue) inflat
able rings and modules for excellent deals on the latest Wavemaker® G4mini system.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window