where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

VOGT Ultrasonics GmbH
non-destructive testing, services, training, ultrasonic systems, immersion and squirter inspection systems, PROline, digital radiology
Technical Discussions
wangdongbiao
wangdongbiao
01:09 Feb-25-2002
Delay line

I want a delay line (Max.200 celsius degree), which is about 3" long. But I am not sure If I can get signal because the delay line is too long.
Who can recommend a delay line, which is about 3" long and can get good signal.

Tom Nelligan
Engineering,
retired, USA, Joined Nov 1998, 390

Tom Nelligan

Engineering,
retired,
USA,
Joined Nov 1998
06:47 Feb-25-2002
Re: Delay line
: I want a delay line (Max.200 celsius degree), which is about 3" long. But I am not sure If I can get signal because the delay line is too long.
: Who can recommend a delay line, which is about 3" long and can get good signal.

What type of test are you trying to do with it?

In general, it is certainly possible to make long, high temperature delay lines for use with large diameter, low frequency transducers, but not for high frequency, small diameter transducers. That is because you must maintain a length-to-diamter ratio that does not exceed 5:1, preferably 3:1, to avoid excessive sidewall mode conversion effects. Also, the polymers usually used for high temperature delay lines are too attenuating for higher frequencies, although they work fine at lower frequencies (under 5 MHz).

If you can let us know more about your application, we may be able to supply an appropriate transducer and delay line.

--Tom Nelligan
Panametrics, Inc.
www.panametrics.com

Joe Buckley, Sonatest Plc
Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT, United Kingdom, Joined Oct 1999, 522

Joe Buckley, Sonatest Plc

Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT,
United Kingdom,
Joined Oct 1999
01:17 Feb-26-2002
Re: Delay line
: I want a delay line (Max.200 celsius degree), which is about 3" long. But I am not sure If I can get signal because the delay line is too long.
: Who can recommend a delay line, which is about 3" long and can get good signal.

We've had quite good results in a similar application (except a LOT hotter) with fused silica - works OK up to around 10-15 MHz, but its physically a difficult material to work with. We dont have any regular products however.

Product Spotlight

NEW Wheel Type Phased Array Probe

DOPPLER NEW Wheel Type Phased Array Probe, more stable, new tyre makes lesser acoustic attenuation
, much lighter makes easier to handle, more slim size, magnetic and mechanical encoder optional etc...more
>

NOVO Armor 15 & NOVO Armor 22

The Armor Kit Contains the NOVO Armor, which provides additional mechanical protection to the NOVO 1
5WN & NOVO 22WN Detectors, the Armor Stand and a traveling soft cover. - Newest shock absorbent technology case - Water resistant design - Supports wired & wireless communication - Multiple positioning options - Tripod connection using the Built-in 1/4” threads - Simple Detector battery replacement
>

NEW - TD Focus-ScanRX

The NEW Next Generation Advanced UT platform, TD Focus ScanRX - Also available as a card stack solut
ion. Key Improvements 1. Data acquisition is significantly faster than current design 2. Better aesthetic – closely aligns with HandyScan RX 3. Improved IP rating (Target IP66) 4. Ruggedized housing 5. Connectors are protected from impact and ingress 6. Integrated stand and separate retractable handle easy to keep clean) 7. Touchscreen with ruggedized display glass 8. 3-Axis encoder input
>

High-end Ultrasonic Flaw Detector with 32:128PR PAUT and 2-ch TOFD: SyncScan 2

SIUI’s newly launched SyncScan 2, is a high-end ultrasonic flaw detector with 32:128PR PAUT and
2-ch TOFD, which can maximize your efficiency for PA and TOFD. ● Support PA/TOFD/UT ● 32-ch PA is more suitable for inspection on extra-thick wall and high-attenuation material. ● 32-ch PA and 2-ch TOFD work simultaneously. ● Support PR mode for corrosion inspection.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window