where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Materials Research Institute
Consulting to the NDT industry.

Technical Discussions
sharon
Student
University of Florida, USA, Joined Mar 2002, 8

sharon

Student
University of Florida,
USA,
Joined Mar 2002
00:57 Mar-04-2002
review of Impact Echo methods

I need get a systematical knowledge of the development history of Impact Echo methods. so would you like to help me by recommending some articles or books?

Rolf Diederichs
Director, Editor
NDT.net, Germany, Joined Nov 1998, 602

Rolf Diederichs

Director, Editor
NDT.net,
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
07:45 Mar-07-2002
Re: review of Impact Echo methods
: I need get a systematical knowledge of the development history of Impact Echo methods. so would you like to help me by recommending some articles or books?
------------------

You may try the descriptor search at NDT.net.

Here is the link to 12 search results for descriptor "imapct-echo":
http://www.ndt.net/cgi-bin/htsearch?restrict=www.ndt.net%2Farticle&config=local&words=CT_impact-echo&method=and&format=long&matchesperpage=20

William Streett
William Streett
05:00 Mar-07-2002
: : I need get a systematical knowledge of the development history of Impact Echo methods. so would you like to help me by recommending some articles or books?
: ------------------
There is a book on impact-echo that describes the method in detail and all of its applications. It includes a history of the development of the method. The book is entitled "Impact-Echo: Nondestructive Evaluation of Concrete and Masonry", by M. J. Sansalone and W. B. Streett, Bullbrier Press, 1997. The book can be purchased from the publisher through the web sites http://www.impact-echo.com/Impact-Echo/bullbrie.htm or http://www.bullbrier.com/#Impact-Echo. Send me your e-mail address, and I will send you a copy of the chapter on the development of the impact-echo method as a Microsoft Word document.

Camilla Colla
Camilla Colla
00:23 Mar-13-2002
: I need get a systematical knowledge of the development history of Impact Echo methods. so would you like to help me by recommending some articles or books?
Additionally to the list provided by Rolf, you will find some more application of the scanning impact-echo method -2D impact-echo- (i.e. the latest developments)by looking at
Colla, C., Krause, M., Maierhofer, Ch., Höhberger, H.-J., H. Sommer, “Combination of NDT techniques for site investigation of non-ballasted railway tracks”, J. Non-destructive testing and evaluation International, 2002, Vol. 35, (2), pp. 95-105.

Colla C., H. Wiggenhauser, Developments in Impact Echo for the investigation of concrete structures, Structural Material Technology: an NDT Conference, Atlantic City, NJ, 28 Feb – 3 March 2000, S. Alampalli (ed.), Technomic Publishing, Lancaster, Basel, 2000, pp. 350 - 356.

Colla C., G. Schneider, H. Wiggenhauser, Automated Impact-Echo and method improvement: 2- and 3-D imaging of concrete elements, in Uomoto, T. (ed.); Seiken Symposium No. 26, NDT in Civil Engineering Conf, Tokyo, Japan, 25-27 April 2000, Elsevier 2000, pp. 471-480

Product Spotlight

Webinar: FMC & Advanced Focusing Techniques for Improved Ultrasonic Inspections

Phased array ultrasound is now a commonly accepted inspection technology. Now there is excitement ar
ound new techniques in Phased Array: Full Matrix Capture (FMC) & Total Focusing Method (TFM). Our webinar on December 5 & 6 will illustrate how these techniques, implemented on a TOPAZ64 instrument, can improve the results of existing inspections. Register today.
>

NDT.net launches mobile-friendly design

NDT.net has revamped its website providing a mobile-friendly design.The front page received a comp
letely new design and all other sections are now reacting responsively on mobile devices. This has been a major step to make our website more user- friendly.
>

Magnetic X-Ray Pipeline Crawler

Zhong Yi brand pipeline crawler is magnetic/micro-video controlled crawler with DC X ray unit inst
alled for checking welding of pipeline. Move steadily inside the pipeline 6''-60''diameter with speed of up to 18m/min, Max. moving diatance 5 kilometers and provide the efficient inspection of the pipeline.
>

Robotic laser shearography enables 100% inspection of complex, flight-critical composite structures

An article in “Composites World Magazine” showcases Non Destructive Testing of aero-structures
with Laser Shearography. Over the years Dantec Dynamics has supplied many solutions for the aerospace industry. Referring to specific customer projects several of these cases are examined to outline the advantages of using Laser Shearography for automated defect detection.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window
s