where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Matec Instrument Companies, Inc.
Ultrasonic test instrumentation and systems for scientific research, quality control inspection and production testing applications.

Technical Discussions
sharon
Student
University of Florida, USA, Joined Mar 2002, 8

sharon

Student
University of Florida,
USA,
Joined Mar 2002
00:57 Mar-04-2002
review of Impact Echo methods

I need get a systematical knowledge of the development history of Impact Echo methods. so would you like to help me by recommending some articles or books?

Rolf Diederichs
Director,
NDT.net, Germany, Joined Nov 1998, 604

Rolf Diederichs

Director,
NDT.net,
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
07:45 Mar-07-2002
Re: review of Impact Echo methods
: I need get a systematical knowledge of the development history of Impact Echo methods. so would you like to help me by recommending some articles or books?
------------------

You may try the descriptor search at NDT.net.

Here is the link to 12 search results for descriptor "imapct-echo":
http://www.ndt.net/cgi-bin/htsearch?restrict=www.ndt.net%2Farticle&config=local&words=CT_impact-echo&method=and&format=long&matchesperpage=20

William Streett
William Streett
05:00 Mar-07-2002
: : I need get a systematical knowledge of the development history of Impact Echo methods. so would you like to help me by recommending some articles or books?
: ------------------
There is a book on impact-echo that describes the method in detail and all of its applications. It includes a history of the development of the method. The book is entitled "Impact-Echo: Nondestructive Evaluation of Concrete and Masonry", by M. J. Sansalone and W. B. Streett, Bullbrier Press, 1997. The book can be purchased from the publisher through the web sites http://www.impact-echo.com/Impact-Echo/bullbrie.htm or http://www.bullbrier.com/#Impact-Echo. Send me your e-mail address, and I will send you a copy of the chapter on the development of the impact-echo method as a Microsoft Word document.

Camilla Colla
Camilla Colla
00:23 Mar-13-2002
: I need get a systematical knowledge of the development history of Impact Echo methods. so would you like to help me by recommending some articles or books?
Additionally to the list provided by Rolf, you will find some more application of the scanning impact-echo method -2D impact-echo- (i.e. the latest developments)by looking at
Colla, C., Krause, M., Maierhofer, Ch., Höhberger, H.-J., H. Sommer, “Combination of NDT techniques for site investigation of non-ballasted railway tracks”, J. Non-destructive testing and evaluation International, 2002, Vol. 35, (2), pp. 95-105.

Colla C., H. Wiggenhauser, Developments in Impact Echo for the investigation of concrete structures, Structural Material Technology: an NDT Conference, Atlantic City, NJ, 28 Feb – 3 March 2000, S. Alampalli (ed.), Technomic Publishing, Lancaster, Basel, 2000, pp. 350 - 356.

Colla C., G. Schneider, H. Wiggenhauser, Automated Impact-Echo and method improvement: 2- and 3-D imaging of concrete elements, in Uomoto, T. (ed.); Seiken Symposium No. 26, NDT in Civil Engineering Conf, Tokyo, Japan, 25-27 April 2000, Elsevier 2000, pp. 471-480

Product Spotlight

High Resolution Industrial CT System for Small/Medium Size Parts Inspection

The YXLON FF35 CT computed tomography system is designed to achieve extremely precise inspection res
ults for a wide range of applications. Available in a single or dual tube configuration, it is perfect for very small to medium size parts inspection in the automotive, electronics, aviation, and material science industries.
>

Lyft™: Pulsed Eddy Current Reinvented

PEC Reinvented—CUI Programs Redefined Corrosion under insulation (CUI) is possibly the greatest u
nresolved asset integrity problem in the industry. Current methods for measuring wall thickness with liftoff, without removing insulation, all have severe limitations. Eddyfi introduces Lyft — a reinvented, high-performance pulsed eddy current (PEC) solution. The patent- pending system features a state-of-the-art portable instrument, real- time C-scan imaging, fast data acquisition with grid-mapping and dynamic scanning modes, and flexibility with long cables. It can also scan through thick metal and insulation, as well as aluminum, stainless steel, and galvanized steel weather jackets. Who else but Eddyfi to reinvent an eddy current technique and redefine CUI programs. Got Lyft?
>

IRIS 9000Plus - Introducing the next generation of heat exchanger inspection.

Representing the seventh generation of the IRIS system, the IRIS 9000 Plus has nearly 200 years of c
ombined field inspection experience incorporated in its design. This experience combined with a strong commitment to quality and a history of innovation has made Iris Inspection Services® the undisputed leader in IRIS technology.
>

NEW - TD Focus-ScanRX

The NEW Next Generation Advanced UT platform, TD Focus ScanRX - Also available as a card stack solut
ion. Key Improvements 1. Data acquisition is significantly faster than current design 2. Better aesthetic – closely aligns with HandyScan RX 3. Improved IP rating (Target IP66) 4. Ruggedized housing 5. Connectors are protected from impact and ingress 6. Integrated stand and separate retractable handle easy to keep clean) 7. Touchscreen with ruggedized display glass 8. 3-Axis encoder input
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window