where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
FILLTE WELD INSPECTION
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

Sonatest Ltd
From our three distinct business centres in the UK, USA and CANADA, Sonatest design and produce a leading range of high performance ultrasonic NDT equipment and accessories.

02:21 Mar-06-2002

Humberto Rodríguez

Engineering, Inspection Coordinator
Venezuela,
Joined Sep 2000
FILLTE WELD INSPECTION

I would like to know which NDT method is available to inspect a
fillet weld of 3/4" Nipple and 2" flange in a piping arrangement for a pressure indicator.
We are having cracks in this type of unions and need to have
a reliable method to inspect a lot of similar joints.
Thank You

06:59 Mar-07-2002
mike toohey
Re: FILLTE WELD INSPECTION : I would like to know which NDT method is available to inspect a
: fillet weld of 3/4" Nipple and 2" flange in a piping arrangement for a pressure indicator.
: We are having cracks in this type of unions and need to have
: a reliable method to inspect a lot of similar joints.
: Thank You
im not sure but ulrasound might be your ticket im a bench tech at a company that makes a tool you might be able to use depending on your applcation but i dont know for sure you would have to check it out here is the web address http:\\ctrlsys.com

00:14 May-26-2002
CARLOS MARIO DE LA CRUZ ARELLANO
Re: FILLTE WELD INSPECTION pruebas con particulas magneticas y liquidos penetrantes

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|