where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

ULTRASOUND INSTITUTE
The Ultrasound Institute can develop new advanced ultrasonic measurement, imaging and NDT techniques for non-conventional applications.

Technical Discussions
I A Macd
I A Macd
04:28 Oct-12-1998
NDT of flexible Risers

Can anyone out there help me with a general enquiry. I am looking for information on the inspection of flexible risers, either internal or external. If there is any research being carried out in this subject, or if there is an accepted piece of equipment, I would be interested.
Thank you in advance

Sergei Tsarik
Sergei Tsarik
04:59 Nov-14-1998
Re: NDT of flexible Risers
: Can anyone out there help me with a general enquiry. I am looking for information on the inspection of flexible risers, either internal or external. If there is any research being carried out in this subject, or if there is an accepted piece of equipment, I would be interested.
: Thank you in advance

Dear Sir,

We have carry out experimental rearch on rubber samples.
We studied the mechanical properties (elastic modulus,
loss factor) for these samples.
For further information ask Sergei Tsarik,
sergei.v.tsarik@usa.net

Richard D. Roberts
Engineering, Executive Managment
Quest Integrity Group, USA, Joined Nov 1998, 78

Richard D. Roberts

Engineering, Executive Managment
Quest Integrity Group,
USA,
Joined Nov 1998
03:12 Nov-16-1998

: Can anyone out there help me with a general enquiry. I am looking for information on the inspection of flexible risers, either internal or external. If there is any research being carried out in this subject, or if there is an accepted piece of equipment, I would be interested.

-------------------------

Dear I A Macdonald ,

Can you be a little more specific on:
1) Material of the flexible risers
2) Size and Dimensions
3) What type of flaws are you looking for?
4) What passes through the risers?

My company builds Laser Based Inspection equipment which is used a lot in risers and headers in refinery plants. The material is typically carbon steel. You mentioned flexable risers, so I assume yours are rubber or simular material. If you can pass along more detailed information, I may be able to help you.

Regards,
Richard D. Roberts

Gordon Dover (RTD Engineering inspection Service)
Gordon Dover (RTD Engineering inspection Service)
00:52 Nov-17-1998

Dear I A MacDonald,
I was interested to read you question. RTD have been heavily involved in the inspection of flexible risers and flowline for the past twenty years (both metal polymer and rubber bonded types). If you could clearly specify what you are trying to achieve we may be in a possition to help. Please advise if you have any specific manufacturers product in mind. We are fully conversant with all types currently avaible on the market.

Best regards

Gordon Dover.

Product Spotlight

Lyft™: Pulsed Eddy Current Reinvented

PEC Reinvented—CUI Programs Redefined Corrosion under insulation (CUI) is possibly the greatest u
nresolved asset integrity problem in the industry. Current methods for measuring wall thickness with liftoff, without removing insulation, all have severe limitations. Eddyfi introduces Lyft — a reinvented, high-performance pulsed eddy current (PEC) solution. The patent- pending system features a state-of-the-art portable instrument, real- time C-scan imaging, fast data acquisition with grid-mapping and dynamic scanning modes, and flexibility with long cables. It can also scan through thick metal and insulation, as well as aluminum, stainless steel, and galvanized steel weather jackets. Who else but Eddyfi to reinvent an eddy current technique and redefine CUI programs. Got Lyft?
>

High-performance Linear Phased Array Probes

Available to order from stock in a range of 5MHz – 7.5MHz and from 16 to 64 elements. Designed w
ith piezo-composite elements, Phoenix phased array probes provide high-resolution imaging to maximise sensitivity; accurate ultrasonic detection and sizing of defects in welds; and effective corrosion mapping. Housed in a rugged stainless steel case for on-site industrial NDT applications.
>

I&T Nardoni

NDT, RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT OF NEW METHODOLOGY, TRAINING CENTER I&T NARDON INSTITUTE was idiated
in 1988 by Giuseppe Nardoni, now president and owner of the company, based on his multi-annual and international experience in the field of NDT.
>

Echomac® PA Rail Wheel Tester

MAC introduces two versions of Rail Wheel Testers using ECHOMAC® PA platform based on customer requ
irements.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window