where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
I A Macd
I A Macd
04:28 Oct-12-1998
NDT of flexible Risers

Can anyone out there help me with a general enquiry. I am looking for information on the inspection of flexible risers, either internal or external. If there is any research being carried out in this subject, or if there is an accepted piece of equipment, I would be interested.
Thank you in advance

Sergei Tsarik
Sergei Tsarik
04:59 Nov-14-1998
Re: NDT of flexible Risers
: Can anyone out there help me with a general enquiry. I am looking for information on the inspection of flexible risers, either internal or external. If there is any research being carried out in this subject, or if there is an accepted piece of equipment, I would be interested.
: Thank you in advance

Dear Sir,

We have carry out experimental rearch on rubber samples.
We studied the mechanical properties (elastic modulus,
loss factor) for these samples.
For further information ask Sergei Tsarik,
sergei.v.tsarik@usa.net

Richard D. Roberts
Engineering, Executive Managment
Quest Integrity Group, USA, Joined Nov 1998, 78

Richard D. Roberts

Engineering, Executive Managment
Quest Integrity Group,
USA,
Joined Nov 1998
03:12 Nov-16-1998

: Can anyone out there help me with a general enquiry. I am looking for information on the inspection of flexible risers, either internal or external. If there is any research being carried out in this subject, or if there is an accepted piece of equipment, I would be interested.

-------------------------

Dear I A Macdonald ,

Can you be a little more specific on:
1) Material of the flexible risers
2) Size and Dimensions
3) What type of flaws are you looking for?
4) What passes through the risers?

My company builds Laser Based Inspection equipment which is used a lot in risers and headers in refinery plants. The material is typically carbon steel. You mentioned flexable risers, so I assume yours are rubber or simular material. If you can pass along more detailed information, I may be able to help you.

Regards,
Richard D. Roberts

Gordon Dover (RTD Engineering inspection Service)
Gordon Dover (RTD Engineering inspection Service)
00:52 Nov-17-1998

Dear I A MacDonald,
I was interested to read you question. RTD have been heavily involved in the inspection of flexible risers and flowline for the past twenty years (both metal polymer and rubber bonded types). If you could clearly specify what you are trying to achieve we may be in a possition to help. Please advise if you have any specific manufacturers product in mind. We are fully conversant with all types currently avaible on the market.

Best regards

Gordon Dover.

Product Spotlight

NDT Master Lecturer

In the program both university professors and practitioners will give lectures, which guarantees the
oretical depth and practical inside. Academic Director: Prof. Dr. Christian Boller
The following lecturers are not complete: Prof. Tadeusz Stepinski, Prof. Wieslaw Staszewski, Prof. Frank Walther, Prof. Giovanni Bruno, Prof. Gerd Dobmann, Prof. Philippe Guy
>

Varex Imaging Large Field of View (FOV) Digital Detector Arrays (DDAs)

A larger FOV DDA can reduce the space and volume of the X-ray inspection system on the factory floor
, enable faster scanning times, better throughput and better resolution images at a lower dose. Customers can also save time and money. With these benefits in mind, Varex Imaging has designed a family of large FOV detectors (4343HE, XRD 1611, 4343DX-I, 4343CT) for our industrial imaging customers.
>

MUSE Mobile Ultrasonic Equipment

The MUSE, a portable ultrasonic imaging system, was developed for in-field inspections of light-weig
ht structures. The MUSE consists of a motor-driven manipulator, a water circulation system for the acoustic coupling and a portable ultrasonic flaw detector (USPC 3010). The MUSE provides images of internal defects (A-, B-,C- and D-scan).
>

HD-CR 35 NDT Computed Radiography System

Portable high-resolution CR scanner for all radiography applications - weld testing, profile images
and aerospace. No matter what type of radiographic testing you are performing, the unique TreFoc Technology of the HD-CR 35 NDT imaging plate scanner always guarantees the highest image quality.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window
s