where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
NDT of flexible Risers
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

04:28 Oct-12-1998
I A Macd
NDT of flexible Risers

Can anyone out there help me with a general enquiry. I am looking for information on the inspection of flexible risers, either internal or external. If there is any research being carried out in this subject, or if there is an accepted piece of equipment, I would be interested.
Thank you in advance

04:59 Nov-14-1998
Sergei Tsarik
Re: NDT of flexible Risers : Can anyone out there help me with a general enquiry. I am looking for information on the inspection of flexible risers, either internal or external. If there is any research being carried out in this subject, or if there is an accepted piece of equipment, I would be interested.
: Thank you in advance

Dear Sir,

We have carry out experimental rearch on rubber samples.
We studied the mechanical properties (elastic modulus,
loss factor) for these samples.
For further information ask Sergei Tsarik,
sergei.v.tsarik@usa.net

03:12 Nov-16-1998

Richard D. Roberts

Engineering, Executive Managment
Quest Integrity Group,
USA,
Joined Nov 1998
Re: NDT of flexible Risers

: Can anyone out there help me with a general enquiry. I am looking for information on the inspection of flexible risers, either internal or external. If there is any research being carried out in this subject, or if there is an accepted piece of equipment, I would be interested.

-------------------------

Dear I A Macdonald ,

Can you be a little more specific on:
1) Material of the flexible risers
2) Size and Dimensions
3) What type of flaws are you looking for?
4) What passes through the risers?

My company builds Laser Based Inspection equipment which is used a lot in risers and headers in refinery plants. The material is typically carbon steel. You mentioned flexable risers, so I assume yours are rubber or simular material. If you can pass along more detailed information, I may be able to help you.

Regards,
Richard D. Roberts

00:52 Nov-17-1998
Gordon Dover (RTD Engineering inspection Service)
Re: NDT of flexible Risers
: Can anyone out there help me with a general enquiry. I am looking for information on the inspection of flexible risers, either internal or external. If there is any research being carried out in this subject, or if there is an accepted piece of equipment, I would be interested.

Dear I A MacDonald,
I was interested to read you question. RTD have been heavily involved in the inspection of flexible risers and flowline for the past twenty years (both metal polymer and rubber bonded types). If you could clearly specify what you are trying to achieve we may be in a possition to help. Please advise if you have any specific manufacturers product in mind. We are fully conversant with all types currently avaible on the market.

Best regards

Gordon Dover.

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|