where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Baosheng Li
Baosheng Li
02:47 Mar-20-2002
Bonding transducer using Indium

Hi,All,
Could anyone describe the procedures to bond a LiNbO3 transducer onto a buffer rod? What are the advantages/disadvantages comparing to epoxy resin bond? Thanks for the help.

Sébastien Petit
Sébastien Petit
02:44 Jul-08-2002
Re: Bonding transducer using Indium
: Hi,All,
: Could anyone describe the procedures to bond a LiNbO3 transducer onto a buffer rod? What are the advantages/disadvantages comparing to epoxy resin bond? Thanks for the help.

Hello,

My laboratory used to realise transducers like this but the activity is now deleted. First advantage is to be able to realise transducers of above 30MHz. The limit is then your ability to make the transducer thin (My labo made 2GHz transducer i think...).
In vacuum, Indium or gold can be used to join the transducer and the buffer rod. Can't explain the details though...

I'm personnaly looking for industries that can realise 30MHz transducers "on demand" with specific transducer dimensions, sapphir buffer rod, etc... Any idea ? Panametrics don't !

best regards,
Sébastien Petit

jay
jay
02:02 Jul-11-2002
medical transcription
In response to the lady asking about online schools, check out this site http://www.medical-transcription-course.com/home.html. I think you will be impressed with the benefits and services.

Product Spotlight

Navic - Steerable Modular Automated Scanner

The Navic is a modular, motorized, steerable scanner designed to carry multiple attachments used
in various scanning and inspection applications. The Navic is capable of weld scanning (girth welds and long seam welds), automated corrosion mapping, and tank scanning.
>

Magnetic X-Ray Pipeline Crawler

Zhong Yi brand pipeline crawler is magnetic/micro-video controlled crawler with DC X ray unit inst
alled for checking welding of pipeline. Move steadily inside the pipeline 6''-60''diameter with speed of up to 18m/min, Max. moving diatance 5 kilometers and provide the efficient inspection of the pipeline.
>

35 years of VOGT Ultrasonics!

This year we are celebrating a company anniversary! 35 years have passed since we first took our t
est device and swung the probe on behalf of safety. But our ultrasonic know-how goes back many years..
>

Compact NDT inspection-heads for measurements with active thermography

The compact inspection head is suitable for thermographic ndt tasks. The uncooled infrared camera
is specially developed for NDI-tasks and offers a thermal sensitivity until now known only from thermal imagers with cooled detector. All required components and functions are integrated into the inspection-head. You will only need an ethernet cable to connect the sensor with the evaluation system.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window
s