where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Bonding transducer using Indium
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

02:47 Mar-20-2002
Baosheng Li
Bonding transducer using Indium

Hi,All,
Could anyone describe the procedures to bond a LiNbO3 transducer onto a buffer rod? What are the advantages/disadvantages comparing to epoxy resin bond? Thanks for the help.

02:44 Jul-08-2002
Sébastien Petit
Re: Bonding transducer using Indium : Hi,All,
: Could anyone describe the procedures to bond a LiNbO3 transducer onto a buffer rod? What are the advantages/disadvantages comparing to epoxy resin bond? Thanks for the help.

Hello,

My laboratory used to realise transducers like this but the activity is now deleted. First advantage is to be able to realise transducers of above 30MHz. The limit is then your ability to make the transducer thin (My labo made 2GHz transducer i think...).
In vacuum, Indium or gold can be used to join the transducer and the buffer rod. Can't explain the details though...

I'm personnaly looking for industries that can realise 30MHz transducers "on demand" with specific transducer dimensions, sapphir buffer rod, etc... Any idea ? Panametrics don't !

best regards,
Sébastien Petit

02:02 Jul-11-2002
jay
medical transcription In response to the lady asking about online schools, check out this site http://www.medical-transcription-course.com/home.html. I think you will be impressed with the benefits and services.

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|