where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Dave
Dave
02:18 Apr-30-2002
Unions open to UK NDT Technicians.

Does anyone know of any trade unions who's membership is open to UK resident NDT Technicians?

As yet I have not contacted any of the various unions directly but was wondering if anyone could narrow the field a little before I started.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dave Wilkes
Dave Wilkes
05:50 Apr-30-2002
Re: Unions open to UK NDT Technicians.
Dave

There is no specific union for UK ndt techs and very few bother to join one. but I am sure any UK union
would welcome you as a member.

Usually they join the union that is strongest in their
workplace. For example I used to work in a large
boiler manufacturing factory, so I joined the boilermakers http://www.gmb.org.uk

If you are working in aerospace or aviation you might
want to look at a union that has a large number of members working in that industry.

Ask around in your workplace(s) to find out what
union everyone else is in.

Hope this helps

Regards

Dave Wilkes
Asst Editor
http://www.ndtcabin.com "The internet magazine for
ndt professionals"

Product Spotlight

High Resolution Industrial CT System for Small/Medium Size Parts Inspection

The YXLON FF35 CT computed tomography system is designed to achieve extremely precise inspection res
ults for a wide range of applications. Available in a single or dual tube configuration, it is perfect for very small to medium size parts inspection in the automotive, electronics, aviation, and material science industries.
>

Compact NDT inspection-heads for measurements with active thermography

The compact inspection head is suitable for thermographic ndt tasks. The uncooled infrared camera
is specially developed for NDI-tasks and offers a thermal sensitivity until now known only from thermal imagers with cooled detector. All required components and functions are integrated into the inspection-head. You will only need an ethernet cable to connect the sensor with the evaluation system.
>

Alpha Pro Digital Radiography System

The Alpha Pro digital X-ray system is the ideal system for your NDT \r\nneeds, as it offers amazin
g 16 bit images which enable the highest \r\nlevel of detection and identification of hairline cracks. While weighing only 3kg (6.6lbs), this panel has the largest imaging area: 35 X 43 cm (14X17 in).
>

Navic - Steerable Modular Automated Scanner

The Navic is a modular, motorized, steerable scanner designed to carry multiple attachments used
in various scanning and inspection applications. The Navic is capable of weld scanning (girth welds and long seam welds), automated corrosion mapping, and tank scanning.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window