where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Controle Mesure Systemes
Contrôle Mesure Systèmes designs, develops and manufactures nearly 30 years a complete NDT range of products in eddy current and ultrasonic testing methods.

Technical Discussions
SK mohiuddin
SK mohiuddin
06:15 May-18-2002
NDT Practical examination

I have seen different ways by different L3 conducting practical examination, may be based on respective written practice. There are many check points that we can institute on the candidate before evaluating his proficiency. In this regard, I would like to know from guru's in the forum, what is the best way of conducting a practical examination for level II and Level I as per ASNT. Is it required for a L3 to be present while L2/L1 is being tested for practical? I think only evaluation is to be done by L3 whereas invigilator can be anyone.

Some of the check points I feel are...please share your views for the benefit of all

1) Check the candidates proficiency in handling and setting the equipment/process
2) whether candidate could able to detect the defect, if yes was the dimentions (location and size) is as per the master document ( within +/- 10% normally full marks) and more depart from actual values will reduce the marks proportionally. In some cases the cracks in specimen is very minute, in these cases full marks for detecting.
3) how good is the candidates report.
4) normally 2 specimens is recommended for the above

thanks
moin

mike doglas
mike doglas
02:45 Jul-03-2002
Re: NDT Practical examination
: I have seen different ways by different L3 conducting practical examination, may be based on respective written practice. There are many check points that we can institute on the candidate before evaluating his proficiency. In this regard, I would like to know from guru's in the forum, what is the best way of conducting a practical examination for level II and Level I as per ASNT. Is it required for a L3 to be present while L2/L1 is being tested for practical? I think only evaluation is to be done by L3 whereas invigilator can be anyone.
: Some of the check points I feel are...please share your views for the benefit of all
: 1) Check the candidates proficiency in handling and setting the equipment/process
: 2) whether candidate could able to detect the defect, if yes was the dimentions (location and size) is as per the master document ( within +/- 10% normally full marks) and more depart from actual values will reduce the marks proportionally. In some cases the cracks in specimen is very minute, in these cases full marks for detecting.
: 3) how good is the candidates report.
: 4) normally 2 specimens is recommended for the above
: thanks
: moin
.mike doglas

Product Spotlight

TESTD-PT SYSTEM

Pulse thermography is a non-contact test method that is ideal for the characterization of thin fil
ms and coatings or the detection of defects. With a remarquable short test time and a high detection sensitivity, the Telops TESTD-PT is the perfect tool for non- destructive testing. With such high frame rates, it is even possible to investigate highly conductive or diffusive materials.
>

NDTkit RT

NDTkit RT, TESTIA's Digital Radiography software The NDTkit product line software for X-ray analysi
s. NDTkit RT is a software benefiting from the Ultis kernel which is dedicated to radiographic image analysis. It offers a set of tools and filtering processes to assist RT operators in finding relevant flaws.
>

PROlineTOP Plug & Play Ultrasonic inspection device

As Plug & Play solution it units all control and operation elements in a small housing and therefo
re replaces the typical control cabinet...
>

NDT.net launches mobile-friendly design

NDT.net has revamped its website providing a mobile-friendly design.The front page received a comp
letely new design and all other sections are now reacting responsively on mobile devices. This has been a major step to make our website more user- friendly.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window