where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Vallen-Systeme GmbH
The Acoustic Emission Company! Since 1987 Vallen stands for competence and continuity in AE and for reliable business cooperation and support.

Technical Discussions
Massimiliano Pau
Teacher, -
Univ. of Cagliari, Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Italy, Joined Sep 2002, 25

Massimiliano Pau

Teacher, -
Univ. of Cagliari, Dept. of Mechanical Engineering,
Italy,
Joined Sep 2002
00:41 May-29-2002
Test blocks for training

Hello all

I would like to purchase some test blocks with internal or surface cracks to make some demonstration to my students for UT, penetrant and MPI inspections.

Is there any vendor located in Europe?

Massimiliano

Joe Buckley, Sonatest Plc
Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT, United Kingdom, Joined Oct 1999, 519

Joe Buckley, Sonatest Plc

Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT,
United Kingdom,
Joined Oct 1999
01:36 May-29-2002
Re: Test blocks for training
If you are looking for 'standard' calibration blocks then there are many vendors (ourselves included). If you are looking for 'realistic' defective training samples than I would recommend Sonaspection (www.sonaspection.com)

Rgds
Joe Buckley

: Hello all
: I would like to purchase some test blocks with internal or surface cracks to make some demonstration to my students for UT, penetrant and MPI inspections.
: Is there any vendor located in Europe?
: Massimiliano

Iikka Virkkunen, Trueflaw Ltd.
Iikka Virkkunen, Trueflaw Ltd.
04:16 May-29-2002
Re: Test blocks for training

: I would like to purchase some test blocks with internal or surface cracks to make some demonstration to my students for UT, penetrant and MPI inspections.
: Is there any vendor located in Europe?

Trueflaw Ltd. does in-situ production of realistic surface cracks with thermal fatigue.

You can find us at http://www.trueflaw.com

Also, if you have any questions or requests for additional information, please do not hesitate to contact me (iikka.virkkunen@trueflaw.com).

Best regards,

Iikka Virkkunen
Trueflaw Ltd.

Product Spotlight

NEW! The PragmaPro Instrument Platform

The PragmaPro is based on a modular cartridge technology and supports various NDT instrument modal
ities such as UT, PAUT, ECT and many more. This new platform is based on a machined, powder-coated aluminum frame for shock-proofness, best sealing qualities and maximum heat dissipation. This is practical to extend the outdoor temperature range and/or to extend the power injected in the transducers. The PragmaPro is aiming at a very wide range of applications, such as weld scanning, corrosion mapping and composite testing.
>

Alpha Pro Digital Radiography System

The Alpha Pro digital X-ray system is the ideal system for your NDT \r\nneeds, as it offers amazin
g 16 bit images which enable the highest \r\nlevel of detection and identification of hairline cracks. While weighing only 3kg (6.6lbs), this panel has the largest imaging area: 35 X 43 cm (14X17 in).
>

AIS229 - Multipurpose Real Time System

Latest standard & automatic real time system developed by Balteau. The AIS229 has been designed to
do series inspection in a wide variety of industry. Composed of a shielded cabinet, 5 axis manipulator, x-ray generator and tubehead from 160kV to 225kV, a fl at panel & much more, the AIS229 is most certainly one of the most multipurpose RTR system available on the market.
>

NDT.net launches mobile-friendly design

NDT.net has revamped its website providing a mobile-friendly design.The front page received a comp
letely new design and all other sections are now reacting responsively on mobile devices. This has been a major step to make our website more user- friendly.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window