where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Test blocks for training
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

00:41 May-29-2002

Massimiliano Pau

Teacher, -
Univ. of Cagliari, Dept. of Mechanical Engineering,
Italy,
Joined Sep 2002
Test blocks for training

Hello all

I would like to purchase some test blocks with internal or surface cracks to make some demonstration to my students for UT, penetrant and MPI inspections.

Is there any vendor located in Europe?

Massimiliano

01:36 May-29-2002

Joe Buckley, Sonatest Plc

Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT,
United Kingdom,
Joined Oct 1999
Re: Test blocks for training If you are looking for 'standard' calibration blocks then there are many vendors (ourselves included). If you are looking for 'realistic' defective training samples than I would recommend Sonaspection (www.sonaspection.com)

Rgds
Joe Buckley

: Hello all
: I would like to purchase some test blocks with internal or surface cracks to make some demonstration to my students for UT, penetrant and MPI inspections.
: Is there any vendor located in Europe?
: Massimiliano

04:16 May-29-2002
Iikka Virkkunen, Trueflaw Ltd.
Re: Test blocks for training
: I would like to purchase some test blocks with internal or surface cracks to make some demonstration to my students for UT, penetrant and MPI inspections.
: Is there any vendor located in Europe?

Trueflaw Ltd. does in-situ production of realistic surface cracks with thermal fatigue.

You can find us at http://www.trueflaw.com

Also, if you have any questions or requests for additional information, please do not hesitate to contact me (iikka.virkkunen@trueflaw.com).

Best regards,

Iikka Virkkunen
Trueflaw Ltd.

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|